WR 450 03' Key Ignition

9 replies to this topic
  • MerlinUK

Posted September 09, 2006 - 01:10 PM

I have had a quick search, but can't really find what i want to know..

I would much prefer to have a keyed ignition for obvious safety reasons.
Which parts would i require to do this, and were is the best place to get them? I'm in the UK, but don't mind buying from the US :thumbsup:

• Chrome Speedo

Posted September 09, 2006 - 02:05 PM

Search for sicass racing. I got a switch for my KTM from them but I would expect they have something universal or adaptable to the Yami.

• MerlinUK

Posted September 09, 2006 - 11:39 PM

Many thanks :thumbsup:

• clark4131

Posted September 10, 2006 - 05:58 AM

Keyed Ignition Buffet :thumbsup: ...SC

• MerlinUK

Posted September 10, 2006 - 06:41 AM

Awesome, thanks! :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • B-Rock

Posted September 10, 2006 - 04:20 PM

If you want to do it through a Yami dealer, then you could always use a TT125 ignition assembly. Costs a bit more, but will look more clean.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

• MountainMax

Posted September 10, 2006 - 06:15 PM

I also used the ttr125 ignition, looks great and if youre like me, you want a Yamaha key to fit your yamaha.......

• MerlinUK

Posted September 11, 2006 - 01:40 PM

Weres the best place to get a TTr125 igniton chaps?

• MountainMax

Posted September 11, 2006 - 02:19 PM

I just ordered mine from my local yamaha dealer, but im sure you can get one from the TT store also.

• dirtysouth

Posted September 11, 2006 - 04:06 PM

Just hide a toggle switch under the tank so it looks like your turnin on the gas when you crank it. Another thing that helps a lot is long throw small master locks to slide through the brake discs. One is fine. Just get some flexible lanyards to hook to them (it) and the handlebars so you don't forget to take em off before you ride..trust me that really sucks to forget:foul:
That bike aint moving with this setup :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.