Oil line leak?

3 replies to this topic
  • 450_rider

Posted September 09, 2006 - 12:26 PM

I'm not sure what its called but on the left side of the engine, that metal hose that connects to the motor by the shifter, it leaks oil every time i start my engine. I took it off to see if there is an o-ring thats supposed to be back there, but all i saw was a neon green ring? I thought they where supposed to be black like the other side. Any info would be great iam tired of putting money into this bike.

http://oem.thumperta...50Foilpump.aspx
I think its numbers 25 and 26.

• grayracer513

Posted September 09, 2006 - 01:54 PM

If it's green, someone changed it, and they may have either used the wrong one, or they didn't correct the real problem.

The seal should be identical to the one on the other side; a simple O-ring. The line must fit flat against the case without a strain on it, and the seal needs to fit snugly on the dowel sleeve (#26). The bolt should clamp the line firmly and flat without the fitting rocking off the case when it gets tightened. The rings are cheap, try a new one.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 450_rider

Posted September 09, 2006 - 10:39 PM

Thanks a lot gray, i will order a new o-ring and see if it solves the problem. I thought i just had a bad case of to much oil coming out of the breather tube.

• PK

Posted September 09, 2006 - 11:02 PM

Be careful when you tighten that line down, your going into threaded aluminum and they are very easy to strip. I think the torque is just a few pounds, so tight enough not leak but no more...

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.