front fork settings for WR450 - 2005

5 replies to this topic
  • Murray Dorward

Posted September 09, 2006 - 12:36 AM

I need the standard fork settings for a WR450 2005 as both forks have been set up differantly.

Muz :thumbsup:

• OneToGo

Posted September 09, 2006 - 06:11 AM

Murray
Try the pdf manual available for free download:

http://www.yamahaown...om.au/index.php

I have a 06 so the settings are different.
Make sure you check for the SA model - I know for the 06 they were a different setup from those in AUS/US/EURO which believe it or not, all have slightly different spring and damping rates..
PS. I did not check to see if the PDF manual has your model, just assumed it did like the 06 manual does.
:thumbsup:

• Murray Dorward

Posted September 09, 2006 - 09:40 AM

thanks for advive but I went and dowloaded the workshop manual and all they say is "Turn dampining adjuster to the original position". What is the original position ??????? :applause: :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • gilbert44a

Posted September 09, 2006 - 10:56 AM

Rebound: 10 clicks out
12 clicks out (for Europe)
14 clicks out (for AUS,NZ and ZA)

Compression: 13 clicks out
12 clicks out (for Europe)
14 clicks out (for AUS,NZ and ZA)

Standard oil level:128 mm
130mm (for Europe,AUS,NZ and ZA)

• Murray Dorward

Posted September 10, 2006 - 09:13 AM

thanks for your help
:thumbsup:

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 10, 2006 - 07:46 PM

suspension settings are custom to the rider. You will have to find the ones that work for you.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.