Scotts stabilizer

8 replies to this topic
  • mlight9

Posted September 08, 2006 - 07:14 PM

Just installed my Scott's steering stabilizer, I will give a report on the steering stabilizer after I ride this weekend. And I'll post some pics with it.

• BergArabia

Posted September 08, 2006 - 07:25 PM

The Stabiliser will make it much easier to ride on rough tracks/country right? Some of my riding of the dunes here I get into some bumpy stuff. Would the stabilizer help for desert riding much? Please understand I don't mean to hijack your thread I am really interested in your pictures and stuff but just wonder if you could add some to your commentary.

• mlight9

Posted September 08, 2006 - 07:38 PM

From what I understand, it will help with every aspect of dirt bike riding. The reason I like to post my new stuff is to give reports to help other people make decisions on stuff they are thinking about buying. Johny Campbell uses one and he is the Baja king, so yes it must work in the dunes.

• BergArabia

Posted September 08, 2006 - 07:58 PM

Well I am really looking forward to your report then.. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Murray Dorward

Posted September 09, 2006 - 08:24 AM

I do alot of rock riding, dune riding and riding in hardpack surfaces in South Africa and the Scott Steering damper is ideal. You cant go wrong. The product speaks for its self :applause: :thumbsup: :applause:

• yzfireguy

Posted September 09, 2006 - 09:13 AM

I wasn't sure how much I used my dampner till I didn't have it. My old yz250 came with it so I always had one. When I rode my dad's 03' 450 his didn't and it was amazing at how much head shake there was on it compare to my beloved two-stroke with the dampner. They are expensive but once you get one all is needs is some TLC and you won't have to buy another one for quite a while. One guy I ride with has had one for almost ten years. You just send it in to Scotts every now and then for some new seals, oil and it's as good as new. In my opinion one of the best investments for your bike. AMF

• ben_suhard

Posted September 10, 2006 - 12:02 AM

The Stabiliser will make it much easier to ride on rough tracks/country right? Some of my riding of the dunes here I get into some bumpy stuff. Would the stabilizer help for desert riding much?

They can feel a bit weird in slow corners, but they really come in handy when you get tired. Once you get one, you'll never ride without one again.

• SureBlue

Posted September 10, 2006 - 12:13 AM

You won't notice it in normal riding, but you do notice it when it saves you. :thumbsup:

• mlight9

Posted September 17, 2006 - 02:46 PM

Should have bought one of these a long time ago, I'll never go without again. I couldn't say in words how bad ass this thing is. Go buy one NOW!!!!!!!!!

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.