XR650R- Building 680 want some input!

69 replies to this topic
  • XR680RR

Posted December 31, 2007 - 06:40 PM

I would like to know what happened with all this?

Today DGA posted a Barnum's pipe, Edelbrock carb., stock exhaust system, all for sale and all almost new. When I asked if he had tanken care of these former problems the whole thread just got deleted!!!:banghead:

So, were you guys paid back? Is this DGA a lame duck after all? Time has past is there a good tale to tell?

• Maroast

Posted December 31, 2007 - 06:46 PM

I would like to know what happened with all this?

Today DGA posted a Barnum's pipe, Edelbrock carb., stock exhaust system all almost new. When I asked if he had tanken care of these former problems the whole thread just got deleted!!!:D

So, were you guys paid back? Is this DGA a lame duck after all?

It got deleted because it was a "for sale" thread.....which is a HUGE no no :banghead: in the world of thumpertalk. Items for sale/ trade/ ect can only be posted in the appropriate areas.... "the man" deletes them and gives you a slap on the hand..... :busted:

• XR680RR

Posted December 31, 2007 - 06:57 PM

Ok, that takes care of the reason the post vannished but, did this DGA guy ever make good on those from TT that he ripped off?

• weskc35k

Posted December 31, 2007 - 08:50 PM

This was a great thread as the start,untill it got fooked up.

• BWB63

Posted December 31, 2007 - 09:44 PM

Wow, talk about an old thread! This brings back some strange memories. I remember this thread starting out as one I would love to get into and then it exploded, because the guy asking the question ripped off a few guys here on Thumper Talk and on the CR500R group. Some turned out to be close friends of mine and I got some PM's telling me to, "do not help this low life, scum" and other things like that. Well, Damon said, He would make things right and give the guys he ripped off their money back. I guess it would be nice to know if it happened before someone buy's more stuff from him here on THumper Talk or else where?:banghead: Guess I will make a few phone calls.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DGA

Posted December 31, 2007 - 10:32 PM

Yea it is ancient history. All the money was refunded to everyone 100% a long time ago. Happy New years everyone.

• weskc35k

Posted December 31, 2007 - 11:00 PM

Hey Bruce about building up a tough 680......

• BWB63

Posted January 01, 2008 - 09:19 AM

That is so good to hear! Nice to have a good news!

If you are selling all your stuff does this mean you never got around to biulding the 680cc monster you were thinking about?

I am looking to buy another bike so, I can revamp my 680cc bike. We just bought another CR250R for the kids to play with and we need another XR400. Bought another 1970 El Comino so, my new bike always gets pushed down the list!:banghead:

I am planning on Nikasil cylinder, still 11:1 piston but, coated and the top edges smoothed on the valve relief cuts. I think I will check out how well the 3mm oversized valve seats did and to know if I am going to stay with that. I will spend the time to make shure that the cam timing is where I want it and the motor is MACHINED balanced. I found a place that makes hardened chomoly gears, instead of the stock cast hard faced gears and I would like to turn my own gear shafts out of Titanium. It is just a thought but, roller rockers would be something to look into. I would like the better Hansens clutch basket. An aluminum kick stand bracket and kick stand is a must. Chomoly subframe? should be something I can do. I am hoping to shave the weight of the bike, (without fuel) to about 280 pound. While making it stronger and taking it from 58rwhp/72bhp to 60rwhp/75bhp. That would be difficult, when you add up all the little extras that have snuck onto the bike, like the stearing damper, skid plate, shark fin, desert tank and the added fuel, real hand guards, 200 watt stator, extra voltage regulator with rectifier, oil sight tube, oversized front rotor, Baja light (I take it off for day rides). It would be nice to have all the extra power and have the bike back down at or below stock weight.

• DGA

Posted January 01, 2008 - 10:29 AM

No, I never got around to doing the 680 kit. I do plan on getting another 650 in the future when I can. Construction is so slow and money is tight. Wife and kids come first. I have quite a few parts for sale if anyone is interested? If not, I might hang on to them for the next bike. Hopefully within a year I can get another one. Being bikeless is no fun. At least I still have the street bike but its snowy right now. All i can do it sit and look at it :busted:

Cheers!

If you are interested in parts you can:
Pm me
call me 816-726-7897
email me avenger@kcweb.net

Plenty of ways to get in touch.

That is so good to hear! Nice to have a good news!

If you are selling all your stuff does this mean you never got around to biulding the 680cc monster you were thinking about?

I am looking to buy another bike so, I can revamp my 680cc bike. We just bought another CR250R for the kids to play with and we need another XR400. Bought another 1970 El Comino so, my new bike always gets pushed down the list!:banghead:

I am planning on Nikasil cylinder, still 11:1 piston but, coated and the top edges smoothed on the valve relief cuts. I think I will check out how well the 3mm oversized valve seats did and to know if I am going to stay with that. I will spend the time to make shure that the cam timing is where I want it and the motor is MACHINED balanced. I found a place that makes hardened chomoly gears, instead of the stock cast hard faced gears and I would like to turn my own gear shafts out of Titanium. It is just a thought but, roller rockers would be something to look into. I would like the better Hansens clutch basket. An aluminum kick stand bracket and kick stand is a must. Chomoly subframe? should be something I can do. I am hoping to shave the weight of the bike, (without fuel) to about 280 pound. While making it stronger and taking it from 58rwhp/72bhp to 60rwhp/75bhp. That would be difficult, when you add up all the little extras that have snuck onto the bike, like the stearing damper, skid plate, shark fin, desert tank and the added fuel, real hand guards, 200 watt stator, extra voltage regulator with rectifier, oil sight tube, oversized front rotor, Baja light (I take it off for day rides). It would be nice to have all the extra power and have the bike back down at or below stock weight.

• LEWISCLAN

Posted January 01, 2008 - 06:04 PM

Yeah he made right with everyone I know of Happy New Year :banghead:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

2015 XR650L Squeaking noise by Crayjay

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 3 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.