XR650R- Building 680 want some input!

69 replies to this topic
  • BWB63

Posted September 12, 2006 - 05:49 PM

It is sad that a thread that I really got into was trashed because of a guy that has no moral compass! :applause: It is worse then a bunch of "L" guys thrashing an "R" thread :applause: I like my 680cc and like helping others build or dream of building one. They are so much different then a stock bike that is tricked out. Well, I had my :applause: It is sad that Damens family has to go through all the lies and shame of a jerk kid. :thumbsup:
The personal address was deleted of this scum bag.........if you fallow all the links to the other forums you will find it again, and again.... I am not piss for my sake but, some good friends got screwed by this guy from being on this group and others.

• InternalCombustion

Posted September 13, 2006 - 07:13 AM

It is sad that a thread that I really got into was trashed because of a guy that has no moral compass!

ThumperTalk currently has 114,498 members, from 261 countries around the world. I suppose you could argue that there are always going to be some bad apples in the basket. It still doesn't decrease your disgust when you pick one of those bad apples.

TechGuy: my hat's off to you, Dude. You got back up, dusted yourself off, and got on with your life. You showed about a half-second of bitterness, then you let it go and went looking for the sunshine again. Cudos, TechGuy, you da Man.

DGA / Damon / Whatever: was it really worth it, son? Where's the money you stole from someone who trusted you? Already spent, probably. But the poison from that bad deed is still swirling around you. Feel it? Smell it? Was it worth it? Never is worth it, never will be. So wake up, Damon, open your eyes, take your fingers out of your ears, and stop making poison.

Ride safe, all. And thanks for the absolute best Forum on this planet.

• SMOKE

Posted September 13, 2006 - 08:23 AM

when i first started reading this thread, i was like &%$#@!. i cant see anthing BWB63 wrote...he ALWAYS has GREAT info... then after i got to the bottom... i realized that the F&*K that started this thread is a P*$$Y and needs to get hurt... i know some people in missouri hehehe

• grayracer513

Posted September 13, 2006 - 09:35 AM

By the way does anybody knows wich is the biggest single cylinder engine that has seen production...?

In the early to mid sixties, Norton, a British manufacturer, for those not familiar, produced the Model 19S as a specialized sidecar hauler. It was a 1000cc single. Don't know if that's the biggest, but that's big.

Thump.

• thouk

Posted September 13, 2006 - 01:29 PM

Hey Y'all,
I thought I read or have heard that 100 mm across is what the average single spark plug can effectively gap and still maintain efficinecy. Please tell me if I am wrong or someone else is wrong for that matter. I would really hate to tell myself that I am wrong. But I guess talking to myself like this is just as bad. Have fun, Tony

• thouk

Posted September 13, 2006 - 01:32 PM

Another Update,
I spoke with Chris Silva at Edelbrock. He said that to have the carb. bored out it would be $50 as of today. You have to call him to set it up. Here is his number: 1-877-888-7504 ext 2. I am shipping mine to them tomorrow to have it bored. I am then taking it to one of the local shops to have the jetting finalized to perfection. Have fun, Tony

• BWB63

Posted September 13, 2006 - 01:41 PM

Good chance that 16 clicks out from full rich on a #19 needle will be spot on. As for the pump, you need to back it out till the bike doesn't respond with a full whack of the throttle under load, then adjust it in till you get full power when you do give it full whack under load. That will be the right amount of pump for your setup. This seems to change with what fuel you use quite a bit. Shell has a lot of alcohol and Mobil doesn't so I have found a full turn difference on the pump adjustment between these fuels.

• Iforgottowipe

Posted September 13, 2006 - 07:42 PM

Well fellas lets try and pick up the peices of this topic and pump in some good info again. Normally I just read peoples messages but I was really getting excited about this one until it got negative and went down from there. Lets not let some young man that made bad decisions ruin it for the rest of us. I hope all ends well for all parties involved. We've all done some things in our younger days we would like to change. Now lets breathe some life back in here. I want to get that same feeling going again that had me excited to get on here every night to see what else I can learn. Ive been riding my stock "R" model for too long Im ready to tinker.

• Iforgottowipe

Posted September 13, 2006 - 07:55 PM

I meant to ask something in my last response. On a small block chevy we used to used to "stroke" the motor to increase displacement and to increase torque tremendously. Would it be safe to stroke the 650 motor? If my calculations are correct(Im old leave me alone) after gathering the bore and stroke info on this motor and getting the size of this 680 piston if we increase the length of the rod by 4mm it should effectively increase the displacement to approx 725cc. You would need a cylinder spacer plate or something though I would think. Probably need to increase valve size to get the maximum effect, I think 1mm would do. Can anyone add to this?

• BWB63

Posted September 13, 2006 - 08:04 PM

You forgot to wipe :thumbsup: four posts nice try.

But, I don't think there is 4mm of room, the rod will hit the bottom of the case and the crank couldn't take the punishment. maybe 1~2mm. Is this DGA? I think it is........I am chilling from this site for a while I feel sick.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Iforgottowipe

Posted September 13, 2006 - 08:19 PM

I'm afraid not, friend. Step back and take a breather.

• dfgh

Posted September 13, 2006 - 09:15 PM

Hey IFTW I dont mean to ruin this conversation but I've been lurking in the shadows for a couple of weeks now and when I saw your location I finally decided to speak up. Where in Colorado do you live IFTW? I'm from Colorado too and I am in need of some good riding partners. Where do you mostly ride? How do you like Rampart? :thumbsup:

• scumbuster911

Posted September 13, 2006 - 11:53 PM

You forgot to wipe :thumbsup: four posts nice try.

But, I don't think there is 4mm of room, the rod will hit the bottom of the case and the crank couldn't take the punishment. maybe 1~2mm. Is this DGA? I think it is........I am chilling from this site for a while I feel sick.

Yes, its Damon Adams again. See the link below, same bikes listed. Damon, we will find you everywhere. Nobody likes a peice of crap like you! Sooner or later somebody is really going to find you! It's not like nobody knows where you live! :applause:

http://www.network54...han an hour use.

• Iforgottowipe

Posted September 14, 2006 - 04:40 AM

I live in Fruita, its only about 50 miles to the utah border.

• Iforgottowipe

Posted September 14, 2006 - 04:48 AM

I dont know what to tell you pal, you obviously have me confused with someone else. I am not a part of your pissing match with this guy so leave me out of it. I dont appreciate it at all. Furthermore it is obviously a coincidence that the place you showed us this guy has one bike in common with me. Do you really believe there is only one of these bikes here in existence? I can tell you there are 6 other friends of mine whom I ride vintage trials with that have bultaco's. Two of us have 75's. From now on it would do you well to pick your fights and make certain who you are talking to before you hack on someone. I come here to share in a passion of motorcycles, learn and if I can help other people with their questions. What do you bring to the table?

• dfgh

Posted September 14, 2006 - 06:13 AM

I live in Fruita, its only about 50 miles to the utah border.

Too Cool, Let's meet up and cruise the trails! Where do you normally ride? I have family that lives in Frutia off of sycamore, I also have family in Grand Junction. We are out there all the time! :thumbsup:

• Iforgottowipe

Posted September 14, 2006 - 09:14 AM

Too Cool, Let's meet up and cruise the trails! Where do you normally ride? I have family that lives in Frutia off of sycamore, I also have family in Grand Junction. We are out there all the time! :thumbsup:

That sounds like fun. We have approx 40 acres out here we just putt around on. There are a few trails around. When my schedule allows we should meet up. I would love to ride around with a fellow 650 rider.

• dfgh

Posted September 14, 2006 - 10:34 AM

Awesome! I am getting sick of riding alone. Could I get your phone number and address? I'll mapquest ya and I will give you a call the next time we are up there or are about to head up there. Thanks IFTW, Dave

• scumbuster911

Posted September 14, 2006 - 11:59 AM

I dont know what to tell you pal, you obviously have me confused with someone else. I am not a part of your pissing match with this guy so leave me out of it. I dont appreciate it at all. Furthermore it is obviously a coincidence that the place you showed us this guy has one bike in common with me. Do you really believe there is only one of these bikes here in existence? I can tell you there are 6 other friends of mine whom I ride vintage trials with that have bultaco's. Two of us have 75's. From now on it would do you well to pick your fights and make certain who you are talking to before you hack on someone. I come here to share in a passion of motorcycles, learn and if I can help other people with their questions. What do you bring to the table?

And you just happened to join on the next day after we outed you as DGA. You just happen to have the same birthdate as Dennis Adams. Do you think we are stupid? Remember Damon Adams, we will always find you! What does Bonnie and Dennis think of your actions? You know, your parents! How about Bryan Adams? Not the singer. Your older brother.

• LEWISCLAN

Posted September 14, 2006 - 12:47 PM

Ouch Thats gotta Suck. and to think that BWB63 is like a very close friend, infact he just did a bunch of work on my bike . DAG or 97kgt or 97 who has burned me has been cut off from BWB63 ITS A SMALL WORLD. its good to have friends. and I have a lot of em all over the place .
have a nice day

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.