Ex Yamaha guy with suzuki, have question?

8 replies to this topic
  • Manzs

Posted September 08, 2006 - 04:52 PM

:applause:
I was always a Yamaha fan, but now that I'm older, I wanted a Dual Sport so I could tool around town, and hit the dirt when ever I wanted, and as you all know, Yamaha hasn't put much emphasis on its Dual Sports, unless you just want to putt on the easy trails with your balloon tires.
Has any of you "Die Hard" Yamaha guys heard anything at all about A Dual Sport being in the works by Yamaha, to compete with the Honda XR650L, or the Suzuki DRZ400s. Forget the KLR 650 Kawasaki, that thing has zero dirt capability.
Yamaha rules with 4 stroke power, and if they came out with a 600 or 650,with a weight range under 300lbs, I'd be first in line to buy one.
If anyone has any inside information, a reply would be Greatly appreciated.

:thumbsup: Manzs, (2006 DRZ400s)

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2006 - 04:57 PM

You might want to visit the WR forum with this question. I haven't heard anything about a big bore dual sport, but I don't know why an '07 WR450 (which will have the aluminum chassis) wouldn't compete with a DRZ.

• Murray Dorward

Posted September 09, 2006 - 08:20 AM

I agree totally. Wr450 is the way to go.

• NOMADAK

Posted September 09, 2006 - 11:18 AM

I have long wondered why Yamaha wouldn't put a motor out of their grizzly or raptor (660CC) 4 wheelers in a WR450F chassis, with up to date suspension and make it street legal. I would buy one in a heartbeat.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Manzs

Posted September 09, 2006 - 02:47 PM

:thumbsup: Thanks for the reply Friend, but I'm looking for "Street Legal" with Yamaha Balls. I realize theres nothing advertised for any future Dual Sports that will dominate by Yamaha, but i read in one of the Dirt Bike magazines that something is in the works. Not looking to spend an extra 700.00 on street legal conversions, then pray it passes inspection, i just want a Yamaha Dual sport monster out of the box with motocross dampening, and plenty of clearance. Wishful thinking i guess, but if they put there heads to it, i have no doubt that Yamaha will rule the market, even over the KTM's.
Thanks Bud,
Manzs.

• 02YZ426

Posted September 09, 2006 - 03:20 PM

Heres a couple cool machines from Yamaha.... of course you would have to go to Europe to buy them.

2006 XT660
Posted Image
Posted Image

2006 DT125
Posted Image

2006 DT125 SM
Posted Image

2006 XT125
Posted Image

• Pukeballs

Posted September 09, 2006 - 04:10 PM

Whoa! That xt660r looks awesome!

• BlackSheep

Posted September 11, 2006 - 03:44 PM

The MUZ bikes use a Raptor 660 engine. They are available in the states, but can be hard to find. www.muz.de

• xcape

Posted September 12, 2006 - 07:22 AM

What about the TE510 I rode the SM version this summer in Europe and was very impressed. Reality is there are no 600cc + enduro's that are good on and off road, Too big too heavy. The european versions are really just street bikes made to look like they can do some off roading....as long as you are not hitting the freeway a wr is a great comprimise for both.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.