2007 Yamaha 450F Fork Rake

5 replies to this topic
  • SoZo

Posted September 08, 2006 - 08:45 AM

I read they changed the steering angle (Rake) on the Yamaha YZ450F over even the 2006 , in this months issue of Motocross Action but I don’t see it on the Yamaha Web Site...

All I see is the lengthened rear shock.

It was in the Chad Reed article about his offset steering bearings. They said maybe the 2007 would closely reflect the feel of Chad's bike...

Did anybody else hear this?

• grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2006 - 08:48 AM

Yes. The steepening of the forks, the raising of the handleber height, and some of the other mods to the '07 closely match the field fixes that were applied pretty universally to the '06. Should be even better this year.

• SoZo

Posted September 08, 2006 - 09:32 AM

I clarified my question above further;

I was wondering if they changed and refined the rake over the 2006 even. I see on the 250F they gave it offset tripple clamps and rotated the engine but all I see on the 450 is chasie refinements but nothing specific about the rake. Wasn't one of the field fixes new trippleclamps for both the 450 and 250's? I only see tripple's on the 250.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 08, 2006 - 09:34 AM

My reply was specifically in reference to changes to the '07 compared to the '06.

• SoZo

Posted September 08, 2006 - 02:03 PM

Great Thanks!

• aford541

Posted September 08, 2006 - 09:19 PM

The legnthening of the rear shock by 1.5mm should change the head angle by approximately 1/2 of a degree.
I heard that the 07 had a longer shock so I called Storm racing up and ordered a shorter link that emulates the 07 change. It raised the rear of the bike 11mm.
It does turn better, I split the difference and set the sag at 105mm and am testing it there for now.

Related Content

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 5 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.