icat ignition well worth the money

8 replies to this topic
  • dwnlowx

Posted September 08, 2006 - 08:21 AM

hell yeah you will love it no more bogging your bike will come alive

• gleaves

Posted September 08, 2006 - 08:28 AM

Wow that's useful information! Thanks! I'm sure I'll go faster with the lighter wallet. :thumbsup:

• Wyatt

Posted September 08, 2006 - 10:56 AM

Take the money you would spend on an Icat and zip tye it to your spark plug wire.

Your bike will run the same as it would with an Icat, and if you ever get low on cash, you can take it off and spend it.

• adamdf

Posted September 08, 2006 - 11:27 AM

yeah i own an Icat on my 06 YZ250F, nice product but for the money it wouldn't be on my priority list again

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ncmountainman

Posted September 09, 2006 - 06:36 AM

i ran one on my 04 WR,it actually did what they claimed. this bike was a bear to start and it went from 5-6 kicks(E-start was removed) to 1-2 even hot. snap off the bottom was increased,and the most impressive was the MPG increase; i'd say 10-15%.........BUT after running the vortex ignition on my YZ,i would say hold out and save the extra $$ for the vortex. it shares the same spark duration altering (longer) technology and does sooo much more :thumbsup:

• Satch0922

Posted September 10, 2006 - 04:53 AM

Take the money you would spend on an Icat and zip tye it to your spark plug wire.

Your bike will run the same as it would with an Icat, and if you ever get low on cash, you can take it off and spend it.

JM.....would that be called an "iCASH"? :thumbsup::D:D

• jimi-neutron

Posted September 12, 2006 - 09:02 AM

I like my Icat. Got a pretty good hook up on it...100. Works great. Interesting about the Vortex ignition. Would like to try one.

• grayracer513

Posted September 12, 2006 - 09:13 AM

You might want to search some older posts in the YZ250F forum for posts by wrooster on this subject. He was rounding up sources for component parts of the iCat, and was of the opinion that one could be built for about $10.

• ncmountainman

Posted September 14, 2006 - 06:51 AM

You might want to search some older posts in the YZ250F forum for posts by wrooster on this subject. He was rounding up sources for component parts of the iCat, and was of the opinion that one could be built for about $10.

the ICAT is built quite well,and considering the extremes it endures(it rides down in the head taking the place of the plug boot) i would say it would be tough for the laymen to duplicate. is it really worth what they ask for it ? thats tough to say. :thumbsup:

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.