Fuel screw install

4 replies to this topic
  • xcape

Posted September 07, 2006 - 08:17 PM

I finaly picked up my bike today after 2 1/2 months holiday....missed it for sure. I picked up a fuel screw adjuster, I ordered a zipty but they sent me this instead. Any feedback and install tips?

• grayracer513

Posted September 07, 2006 - 08:59 PM

Any ... install tips?

Take the old one out and put the new one in. The O-ring may stay in the carb, which is fine. The parts order, from the bottom up, is screw, spring, washer, O-ring. If the screw does not seem to have enough tension on it, remove and stretch the spring slightly, then re-install.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Satch0922

Posted September 08, 2006 - 04:49 PM

make sure you don't lose the oring. You HAVE To have it. I have seen people take the stock screw out and let the little oring fall in the floor and not even notice it. Then when they tried to install the new fuel screw with no oring....bad things happen LOL

• PK

Posted September 09, 2006 - 11:05 PM

I'll second what Satch says. Put a clean shop rag underneath the fuel screw when you take it out to catch whatever falls out, otherwise you'll be hard pressed to find the washer or the oring.

• SureBlue

Posted September 10, 2006 - 12:00 AM

if you ever loose your o-ring, washer or spring, a good replacement set can be found here
http://www.stealthra...com/catalog.htm

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.