Anyone with a Clarke 2.6 fuel tank

10 replies to this topic
  • mlight9

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:56 AM

Does anyone have pics of their Clarke 2.6 fuel tank on your bike. I've seen the one pic on the Clarke web site and would like to see more pics if possible.
Thanks

• Alley Cat

Posted September 07, 2006 - 09:01 AM

Not many people with the clarke tanks on WR's. People really only buy them just for a change in tank colour as it is not really an upgrade in terms of fuel capacity.
Pity that they don't hold more fuel, because they are a great tank.

• mlight9

Posted September 07, 2006 - 10:43 AM

I ride a 2006 YZ450 and only get about 40 to 45 miles out of the stock tank. If I could get 60 miles I would be really happy with that. I don't want to go with the 3.1 from ICO that's just to big.

• WR_Dave

Posted September 07, 2006 - 11:06 AM

Not many people with the clarke tanks on WR's. People really only buy them just for a change in tank colour as it is not really an upgrade in terms of fuel capacity.
Pity that they don't hold more fuel, because they are a great tank.

The clarke tanks were great on the older same capacity tanks because they moved the fuel lower and allowed the rider to get further forward on the tank. As for the new bikes they only have an 8 liter capacity ( stupid for an off road bike ) so the 2.6 gal Clarke is a great addition for guys that do some mileage when they ride. I am very happy with the clarke tank on my '02 and will be again on my '07 when it gets here. Wr Dave.

• Alley Cat

Posted September 07, 2006 - 12:02 PM

As for the new bikes they only have an 8 liter capacity ( stupid for an off road bike ) so the 2.6 gal Clarke is a great addition for guys that do some mileage when they ride. I am very happy with the clarke tank on my '02 and will be again on my '07 when it gets here. Wr Dave.

Just another 2 litres is not enough IMO, works out to be another 15 miles worth. Great tank, just not big enough!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • WR_Dave

Posted September 07, 2006 - 02:49 PM

You are right about the 2 litres, and I "am" using the 3.1 gal (12.8 l ) tank on my '02 WR and hope they make this size for the coming '07. WR Dave

• moab39

Posted September 07, 2006 - 02:51 PM

I have the clarke tank, and it holds 2.9 gallons. I believe that they are advertised as 2.8 gallons. I had first bought a ims( which I still have unused in the box) but was turned off by the crossover hose, and the amount of air flow it blocks. Although I have seen many riders with the ims tank and they report no problems with overheating or leaks plus it carries the wieght lower. The clarke tank has really good fit and leaves more air directly behind the radiatores. My wr is an 06. John

• SID013

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:01 PM

Hiya, I have the Clarke (advertised as 2.8gal) on my '06 WR450. Changed for the colour but the extra capacitiy is a bonus. Fits well & apart from a cap splitting after 3 rides which they replaced free of charge it is great. Picture may not do it justice.

http://i65.photobuck...ss/DSC00816.jpg

Cheers

• mlight9

Posted September 08, 2006 - 02:24 PM

Well, I went ahead and ordered the Clarke fuel tank for my YZ. Got a smoking deal on a blemished tank from the people at Clarke could not be any happier. The gas cap when screwed on sits a little cockeyed on the tank which is no big deal to me. I plan on going to a quick feel system anyways in the near future. Otherwise the people at Clarke are first class, very nice to deal with and very helpful, I would recommend them to anyone. Just thought I would share my experience.

• e_dogg

Posted September 09, 2006 - 10:31 AM

Hiya, I have the Clarke (advertised as 2.8gal) on my '06 WR450. Changed for the colour but the extra capacitiy is a bonus. Fits well & apart from a cap splitting after 3 rides which they replaced free of charge it is great. Picture may not do it justice.

http://i65.photobuck...ss/DSC00816.jpg

Cheers

Damn that's a trick looking bike!!! :thumbsup:

• SID013

Posted September 10, 2006 - 05:51 PM

Thanks, :thumbsup: It goes like a stung cat also!! :applause:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.