650l Wheels

8 replies to this topic
  • 650_shark

Posted September 07, 2006 - 05:41 AM

I'm new to the world of XRs and was wondering whats the deal with R wheels fitting on an L bike? Looking for an extra set of wheels, you know the old street wheels and dirt wheels. What are the differences in the hubs?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:44 AM

I'm new to the world of XRs and was wondering whats the deal with R wheels fitting on an L bike? Looking for an extra set of wheels, you know the old street wheels and dirt wheels. What are the differences in the hubs?

Thanks in advance for any replies!

If you are asking if the old XL600R, and XR600R wheels are the same, no. The old XL wheels had a drum rear brake, all XR600R's after 1989 had disc rear wheels. Now, if you are asking if the XR650L wheels are the same as the XR600R wheels, yes, as long as the rear form the XR, as in post 89 is a disc. Allot is the same or will interchange between the XL,XR6R, and XRL.....just not the obvious...

• 650_shark

Posted September 07, 2006 - 07:04 AM

Good info..

What about XR650R vs. XR650L wheels?

**I apologize for not being specific in bike models.**

• jickimojo

Posted September 07, 2006 - 07:43 AM

Ok I have done this!

You need to get new spacers made up to fit the axles.

Everything else will work!

You may need to get a differant rotor or a relocation bracket depending on your intended brake set up and whether you buy wheels that you can change out the carriers for.

They will work you just have to be paitent and determined.
Also acces to a mill and lathe.

If you dont any decent machine shop can do it for you in a matter of minutes if you have the measurements.

Hope this helps.
:thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • 650_shark

Posted September 07, 2006 - 09:03 AM

Yes it does help and yes I have access to lathes, mills, etc. Now I just need to find some wheels at the right price.

• MCCOYBOY

Posted September 07, 2006 - 09:44 AM

I have a set of xr650l wheels if ur interested. They have the rotors, sprocket, bearings, and axles. I got them off e-bay and have never even put them on.

• Olyrider2

Posted September 07, 2006 - 05:53 PM

I'm interested! How much for both? How "new" are they?

• MCCOYBOY

Posted September 08, 2006 - 03:07 PM

I have no clue. I just got them off e-bay about a month ago. They look good and the sprocket and rotors look brand new. I can e-mail you pics if you want. Then you can make me an offer.

• ORANGECOBRA

Posted September 09, 2006 - 05:44 AM

I have the stock wheels off my 02 650L. 2000 miles on them. Complete except sprocket. I reused it on my 17 inch wheel. $450.00 for both plus shipping.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

• 17 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.