05,06 WR450 Shorty Clutch Lever

9 replies to this topic
  • TooFast

Posted September 07, 2006 - 05:28 AM

Anyone know of a shorty clutch lever to fit an 05 or 06 WR450? Many are listed to fit 03 - 06 but 05 & 06 are different leverage than 03 & 04. thanks

• WGP

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:57 AM

I tried a Moose Shorty for my 05, it was for an 04 and didn't fit...it was off by a fraction...??

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 07, 2006 - 07:06 AM

I just cut mine and its fine. It took a little more than an inch off of it and filed down the rough edge.

Works great and I can grab it with two or three fingers easily

• J_DOGG

Posted September 07, 2006 - 09:24 AM

Just cut the stocker....
I have mine so only two fingers fit on it and I love it!

• TooFast

Posted September 07, 2006 - 11:07 AM

J Dogg, I just might have to do that. The 04,05 levers have the hole where the cable end goes in a different spot, changing the leverage.The only shortie I've been able to find is the $50 GYTR billet one. With my luck I'd crash getting it out of the truck......you know the rest

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alley Cat

Posted September 07, 2006 - 12:13 PM

J Dogg, I just might have to do that. The 04,05 levers have the hole where the cable end goes in a different spot, changing the leverage.The only shortie I've been able to find is the $50 GYTR billet one. With my luck I'd crash getting it out of the truck......you know the rest

Apparently the gytr billet shorty lever doesn't really fit the WR. An Aussie bike mag here had troubles with the fit. I will try to find the article.

ASV make shorty levers too!

I use an old bent one that I shortened too!

• kskyles

Posted September 07, 2006 - 02:20 PM

have you looked at the MSR grip levers? i have a set, and they seem shorter. i didn't need to cut off the end to fit them with my hand guards.

• Asgeir

Posted September 07, 2006 - 02:22 PM

I use the MSR Pro Raptor on all our bikes.

http://shop.thumpert...t.asp?p=442&s=2

It gives 3 possible position of the clutch cable ball.

• TooFast

Posted September 08, 2006 - 06:53 AM

I used the Raptor on my 03 WR450 with good results, just had to shorten the cable. The 05,06 WR's already have a nice easy pull (cable end hole is relocated on the lever)so I was just looking for a shortie lever that doesn't change the leverage to a stiffer pull again which happens with the 03, 04 style levers. Msr and others say their levers fit 03 thru 06, yes they do fit the perch but stiffen the pull. I might look into buying a lever and drilling a new hole for the cable end.

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted September 08, 2006 - 07:51 AM

Just cut the stock lever. It will feel pretty good and its a very low cost option.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.