Question for the Taller Riders...

4 replies to this topic
  • creeker

Posted September 07, 2006 - 05:27 AM

I am 6'3 and ride a 01' WR426. After nearly every ride I notice the inside of both of my knees are bruised, I assume from the radiator shrouds. Anyone else have this problem???

• 2tall2tall

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:23 AM

I'm 6'5" and had similar problems. Turned out my knee protectors needed replacing. Lots of other things can contribute to it, such as your physical build, angle of your foot pegs and condition of your boots, riding style, and how much riding you do standing/sitting. Which handlebars and triple clamp are you using?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • creeker

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:36 AM

Thanks for the quick response... I am about 6'3", 200lbs and slim build. My boots are about a one to two years old and my pegs are at the stock angle. I generally stay on the seat the majority of the time with my feet on the pegs next to always.

I have a stock YZ426F upper triple clamp and the YZ HIGH Bend Pro Taper SE bars.

Thanks for the info... maybe my knee pads need replacing too.

• 2tall2tall

Posted September 07, 2006 - 09:30 AM

Before I switched knee protectors, I used to duct tape padding to the insides of my legs. Don't know which hurt more: removing the duct tape or the bruises!!

• creeker

Posted September 07, 2006 - 09:41 AM

HAHA! I guess so, I think I will live with the bruises for now at least.

Thanks!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.