My New Bike (pics)

11 replies to this topic
  • XR250_RIDER_14

Posted September 06, 2006 - 05:44 PM

Here is some pictures of my bike that I got about 1 month ago. I bought it as it is for 3100. Look at the pics in my garage. Got the bike from some guy in the army. Post any comments dislikes suggestions etc.

• barch88

Posted September 06, 2006 - 06:04 PM

Looks good, looks like he was up on being a proud American, well...since he is in the Military and all I hope he would be. In my opinion, I would paint the frame where it is worn, then buy some frame guards for it. The bike looks good though, it's all wet though, so you can't see the real beauty. Have fun with it.

• Troutman

Posted September 06, 2006 - 06:41 PM

Be careful :applause: the 03 has been known to tear arms off and leave abnormally large smiles. :thumbsup:

• kyle450rider

Posted September 06, 2006 - 07:14 PM

nice bike,i bet that took alot of time getting used to coming off a xr250

• SureBlue

Posted September 06, 2006 - 10:05 PM

Looks very clean, not many hours on it.
Loosen the chain so you don't tear off your rear hub or damage the drive axle, it is way too tight. :thumbsup: :applause:

• grayracer513

Posted September 06, 2006 - 10:25 PM

Loosen the chain ... it is way too tight. :thumbsup: :applause:

No kidding. :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TMAC25

Posted September 06, 2006 - 10:37 PM

graphics suck, black excels are better then stock, but blue look way better. I have an 03 and I can tell you one thing, your about to have a lot of fun.

• Ga426owner

Posted September 07, 2006 - 05:18 AM

Chain is way too tight - that will cause hub failure/very quickly worn sprockets....
Graphics are not my favorite - but they can be changed easily
Other than that bike looks to be in good shape.
Does it have a stock flywheel weight? I suggest a 5oz GYTR if it is still stock
Consider a non slip seat cover with some padding...that seat has no padding

enjoy that dragster :thumbsup:

• XR250_RIDER_14

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:14 PM

My chain has like 1 1/2 in of slack it is in speck.. I am not coming off a XR250 I am coming off of a yz250.

What kind of paint should I use to fix the frame. I Will buy some if I can get the right color. Is there like clear stickers you can buy to put around the frame?? I am scared I will mess it up if I paint it.

hey 426owner you still got that exhaust? give me about 1 more week.

• SureBlue

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:42 PM

My chain has like 1 1/2 in of slack it is in speck.. I am not coming off a XR250 I am coming off of a yz250.

What kind of paint should I use to fix the frame. I Will buy some if I can get the right color. Is there like clear stickers you can buy to put around the frame?? I am scared I will mess it up if I paint it.

Well, in the pic there is no chain slack at all.

For the frame you can use
PJ1 Yamaha Blue, frame paint
Color-Rite code: 5815 (deep purplish blue metallic)
Manufacturer's code: 564
paint (1 small can) $ 19,95
clear coat (1 small can) $12.95
The shop will give you advice on priming.
Never paint anything on unsanded or greasy surfaces.
If you don't install frame guards after painting, the whole job is a waste of time and money, the paint gets off in first ride.

• TMAC25

Posted September 11, 2006 - 12:39 AM

YA that chain looks like it is in spec. Sure ya. HAHA ya right, if you run your bike like that your just asking for trouble, but good luck with that. Also like he said above pj1 Yamaha blue is a perfect match, you would be surprised how good it looks when you are done, but without frame guards, it will rub off in like 1 ride. But bike actually looks pretty clean and in good shape. Enjoy and please loosen that chain.

• MX1967

Posted September 12, 2006 - 10:49 AM

Ummm...you really need to re-route the breather hose..shouldn't be hanging next the the motor like that.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.