Peformance Pipe Choice

3 replies to this topic
  • SAR1

Posted September 06, 2006 - 01:31 PM

I'm looking for an aftermarket pipe for my '04 WR 450. Any feedback on pipe choice would be appreciated, and which require carb to be rejetted.

I'm also looking for a new gear combination for tight woods riding. Stock set up leaves me looking for more out of 1st and 2nd.

• clark4131

Posted September 06, 2006 - 01:43 PM

I run an FMF Ti Powercore and 13/49 gearing. Get acquainted with the search function, you'll be surprised at the extent of the archives. Play around with it for a while and you'll have plenty to read for a long time. Also check the jetting database sticky at the top of the board...a SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SAR1

Posted September 06, 2006 - 05:59 PM

I did find plenty of info after I posted. Read first, type later....good advice!

Thanks for the information. I've been leaning toward the Powercore but can't decide to spring for the Powerbomb as well.

• Alley Cat

Posted September 07, 2006 - 01:25 AM

There are heaps better systems on the market other than the powercore (better made too).
Just all depends on how loud you can tolerate the noise levels.

I think we are all in luck with the europeans having to be 96db's for racing. This means great performance pipes with out the noise.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.