PMB & Quiet is Cool Insert Info Needed

5 replies to this topic
  • TooFast

Posted September 06, 2006 - 09:28 AM

Need a little help - would someone with a 05, 06 WR450 PMB and Quiet Tip insert measure the length of the tube that fits inside the spark arrestor screen? That's from the plate to the tube's end as accurately as possible. Thanks in advance.

• Yama4Stroker

Posted September 06, 2006 - 12:04 PM

I have the gytr quiet insert in my 02 wr. I knocked out the three little tubes that it comes with and put in a one inch (+/-) pipe. I believe this is what you are asking for is the length of this pipe? I cant recall exactly what it was (I will measure tonight) but I left it about an inch from bottoming out on the inside plate baffle. I have since trimmed some off to get most flow and still be sound legal. Is this what you are trying to accomplish?

• TooFast

Posted September 06, 2006 - 01:47 PM

Thanks but wrong year, I edited my title line to clarify. I wanted to see what the manufacturers are doing for a "tuned " length and wanted to go from there and try some ideas. Want to get rid of your three tubes?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TooFast

Posted September 12, 2006 - 07:17 AM

Anyone? How about a little help?

• 2tall2tall

Posted September 13, 2006 - 06:37 AM

Tom can answer your questions.
www.quietiscool.com

• TooFast

Posted September 13, 2006 - 02:14 PM

Figured out the Quiet tip is the same length as OEM, would like to hear about the PMB length and I read the opening is flared also

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.