Another radiator guard question?

6 replies to this topic
  • yamageezer

Posted September 06, 2006 - 06:26 AM

Well, I installed my new IMS 3.4 gal fuel tank yesterday :thumbsup: but I ran into a bit of a problem, my radiator braces won't fit. :applause: So I'm going to look into radiator guards. Any of you guys out there have the IMS tank with rad guards? If so what works best. Thanks for any help. :applause:

• 2tall2tall

Posted September 06, 2006 - 07:13 PM

I got an 02 WR426 with an IMS 3.2 and Devol rad guards. Everything fits great. I've got Devol on my other bikes and they also fit great.

• tony1970

Posted September 06, 2006 - 08:09 PM

Pretty sure Unabikers will fit. The best guards being sold BTW. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Birdy426

Posted September 06, 2006 - 10:00 PM

I, too, have an IMS tank with DeVol guards (on my WR426). Fit great, work great. When we put the IMS tank on my son's WR250, it took a little bit of "re-engineering", but we got the Works Connection Radiator braces to work just fine, as well...

• Desracer

Posted September 06, 2006 - 10:06 PM

I have the Unabikers and the rear part of the brace wont work so I just took it off. I did leave the front grille part. If you check it out, lay the bike over and it will hit the tank before the radiators. I did look at my other bike and the Devols would work just fine.

• byggd

Posted September 07, 2006 - 04:57 AM

Pretty sure Unabikers will fit. The best guards being sold BTW. :thumbsup:

They will but only of you tell them what you have planned. The stock rear brace won't fit when using an over-sized tank but they sell a modified rear brace that will. Give them a call!

• yamageezer

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:54 AM

Thanks guys, I think I'll order the Devol guards today. :thumbsup: :applause:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.