Replacement Clutch Question

5 replies to this topic
  • dirtr1der

Posted September 06, 2006 - 06:15 AM

I've gone through the stock clutch on my 02 426. I'm looking for advice on a replacement clutch kit. Should I stay with the OEM or are aftermarket clutch kits better/worse? There are several kits out there to choose from and they vary quite a bit in price. I've done all the free mods and the exhaust cam is retarded to the YZF timing. Would a race clutch work better??? I'm not really worried about the price, I just want to make an educated purchase. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 06, 2006 - 07:28 AM

I've gone through the stock clutch on my 02 426. I'm looking for advice on a replacement clutch kit. Should I stay with the OEM or are aftermarket clutch kits better/worse? There are several kits out there to choose from and they vary quite a bit in price. I've done all the free mods and the exhaust cam is retarded to the YZF timing. Would a race clutch work better??? I'm not really worried about the price, I just want to make an educated purchase. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I've used both OEM and DP. For the price and longevity I would use the OEM again...........

• dirtr1der

Posted September 06, 2006 - 05:20 PM

Thanks, Don.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NavyNuke

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:29 PM

OEM frictions hold up better, you can check your steels, they could still be good, and same with the springs. So yamaha you should just be able to order the friction pads.

• 642MX

Posted September 07, 2006 - 07:47 PM

I like the Ferodo clutch plates. They seem to hold up real well with my auto-clutch.

• David37

Posted September 07, 2006 - 08:52 PM

I like Barnett clutch kits, they come with friction and steel plates and springs and they have been around a long time.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.