Which paddle for a 2002 WR 426 ?

15 replies to this topic
  • TuningFork426

Posted September 05, 2006 - 07:49 PM

What paddle is better for climbing and racing in the dunes 10 paddle or 8 paddle

any info you have about #of paddles is welcome

white bro's pipe
power now valve
grey wire cut
airbox lid removed

• clark4131

Posted September 05, 2006 - 09:01 PM

The finer the sand, the more paddles. Also, the more paddles, the harder the engine works. This is what I run, 8-paddle...SC

• FlameDog

Posted September 05, 2006 - 09:29 PM

i just rode the dunes for the 1st time a few weeks ago, the guys at the local shop threw a kings 18" 10 paddle on, they said it would work the best for a thumper, we also had some 8 paddle tires with us, i don't think it made any diff, other than around the campfire,
"my bike has more paddles than yours, so its better" lol

• kskyles

Posted September 06, 2006 - 10:23 AM

you get the same traction with 8 as you do with 10. i like the 8 because, like clark said, 10 makes your engine work harder.

the king paddle is a nice tire. i also like the cheng-shin paddle, but like the way the king is put together.

• Pozi

Posted September 06, 2006 - 11:14 AM

The king paddle is a nice tire. i also like the cheng-shin paddle, but like the way the king is put together.

Right. I suggest buying the King paddle tire. I have used both the Kings and Cheng-Sing and I do not like the Cheng-Sing tire because the scoops are not as deep. Also stick with a 8-paddle, your engine/transmission will thank you.

There is also this tire which I am dying to try. http://www.sandrailp...rcycletires.jpg
(right-click | properties) for site

• TuningFork426

Posted September 06, 2006 - 12:48 PM

So the best paddle is the king 8 paddle

10's are not better

ok thanks people :thumbsup:

• ISBB

Posted September 06, 2006 - 06:12 PM

10's will hook up more and allow you to NOT slide as much at the top of the dune or whever your trying to fling it around... I run a 8 blade kings turbo just like everyone else and LOVE IT.... whatever you do.. DO NOT BUY the Skat Trak Intimidator.. you bring that front end up and the bike is alllll over the place.. that rib down the center sucks nutz.. thats for sure..

• TuningFork426

Posted September 06, 2006 - 07:07 PM

if 10's hook up more would you be able to climb the steepest sand hills better? :thumbsup:
I want to climb the steeps as fast as i can :applause:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • FlameDog

Posted September 06, 2006 - 08:23 PM

my buddy has a 10 on a crf 450, my 450 had 10,
other buddy had a yz 450 8 paddle, cr 250 8 paddle, we all went up "banshee hill" doin a wheelie right from the bottom, i think i flew over in 4th i couldn't tell if my motor was working harder because i had a couple paddles extra?

my son had a kx 85 with a 8 paddle, he blew over most of the hills in 5th, so if you think the # of paddles makes a diff, all the power to ya,

(banshee hill btw is in winchester bay, dicovery point,OR it was supposed to be
THE hill to climb)

• TuningFork426

Posted September 07, 2006 - 02:40 PM

ya i too have been to banshee hill with my wr250f i even managed to get up the left side where all the quads go :applause: my wr250f would go 1/3 of the way up in 4th then 3rd the rest

im just trying to get the best paddle :thumbsup:

• ISBB

Posted September 07, 2006 - 05:40 PM

thought you meant banshee hill in dumont.. hell i can wheelie up that on a knobbie.. LOL

• bigdrtrdr

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:02 PM

Kings 8 paddle is the bomb. But there website says 33lbs inflation?
Whatever.... I run 8-10psi and climb anything with my corked up old WR. :thumbsup:

• kskyles

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:02 PM

if 10's hook up more would you be able to climb the steepest sand hills better? :thumbsup:
I want to climb the steeps as fast as i can :applause:

i don't think it will matter at all. i buzz right up the biggest and steepest hills at glamis with the 8 paddles with no struggles....and that's on my heavy piggly beastly bike. it's all good...

• yzfrankie

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:11 PM

If your bike can't handle a 10 paddle get rid of it. :thumbsup:

• TuningFork426

Posted September 07, 2006 - 07:32 PM

If your bike can't handle a 10 paddle get rid of it. :thumbsup:

are you saying 10 is the way to go my wr 250f had an 8 paddle cheng chin

i could go up everything but the tire spun sooooooooo much

now i have 426

• TuningFork426

Posted September 08, 2006 - 09:02 AM

well looks like ill just get the kings 8 paddle seems like people are happy with it

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.