Cable Modem Users Dissappear!!!!!!!!

6 replies to this topic
  • PMAUST

Posted November 29, 2001 - 06:22 PM

Looks like we cable modem users may loose access for awhile. Maybe????!!!!!
http://www.washtech....om/13903-1.html
:)

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: PMAUST ]

• Michael

Posted November 29, 2001 - 10:18 PM

AT&T says we won't be down for more than a few hours.......and they have a bridge to sell. DSL here I come.

• z4me

Posted November 30, 2001 - 02:46 AM

I had ISDN, DSL and Cable internet access. Cable is, by far, the most reliable and the cheapest. ISDN #$%^&* stunk!

Good luck!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted November 30, 2001 - 07:06 AM

Just goes to show high-speed access for $40 is a loosing proposition. Don't worry, another dot.com will come in and loose their shirts too while you get highspeed. Luckily Time Warner offers if and cable TV in my area, I don't see them going away anytime soon.

There are satelitte alternatives, too, like Direct TV. do some research...

• RetSenior

Posted December 04, 2001 - 12:41 PM

Alright Paul, back on line faster than ever with attbi now. Except TT is still a tad slower than other sites.

Michael buddy, you should be back online for tonight.

• Bryan Bosch

Posted December 04, 2001 - 02:14 PM

Originally posted by RetSenior:
Alright Paul, back on line faster than ever with attbi now. Except TT is still a tad slower than other sites.

Michael buddy, you should be back online for tonight.

TT pushed over 40 gig of through-put last month! That is double the traffic from 4 months ago (hence slower during peak periods). We are working on solutions to deal with this explosive growth. Hang tight! :)

• RetSenior

Posted December 04, 2001 - 02:52 PM

Thanks Bryan,

Double the traffic and growing and not that many conflicts, just a lot of good posting going on.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.