'07 Plastic Bash Plate

16 replies to this topic
  • Dognut

Posted September 05, 2006 - 03:11 PM

What are your opinions on the plastic bash plate on the new WR
I have heard that an aftermarket one is available for the current wr's.
Would they be any good?

• Alley Cat

Posted September 05, 2006 - 04:13 PM

What are your opinions on the plastic bash plate on the new WR
I have heard that an aftermarket one is available for the current wr's.
Would they be any good?

Any '06 YZ450 bashplate should fit, but not '06 WR450 ones.
The plastic bashplate is better than no plate at all.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 05, 2006 - 04:26 PM

R U guys in Australia already seeing the 07's at your dealerships?

• Alley Cat

Posted September 05, 2006 - 06:00 PM

R U guys in Australia already seeing the 07's at your dealerships?

What if I said yes?

• NavyNuke

Posted September 07, 2006 - 12:30 AM

I put a hole in the plastic part of the bash plate on my 06, I recomend changing it quickly. and the hole was from a rock tossed up by the front tire, not hitting something solid.

• SJMC_DON

Posted September 07, 2006 - 09:32 AM

What if I said yes?

I'd be green with envy......

• Alley Cat

Posted September 07, 2006 - 12:18 PM

I'd be green with envy......

But I'd be telling a lie. :thumbsup:

No '07's yet.........

• Looks450

Posted September 08, 2006 - 01:38 AM

Any '06 YZ450 bashplate should fit, but not '06 WR450 ones.
The plastic bashplate is better than no plate at all.

I don;t think that the 06 YZf bash plate will fit. I think that the 07 WR has purpose built fittings for the plastic bash plate on the front of the frame that the yz doesn't. Just by looking at teh pictures of the naked frame i think that is what is there. I suggest that the 06 YZF bash plate would not fit into these fittings. I may be wrong as i am only looking at pictures and drewling but mabey someone else should look. And i doubt that any other WR bash plate will fit.

Looks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • dangermouse007

Posted February 19, 2007 - 01:01 PM

Well guys.. after 1 days riding i'm not to sure on the WR bash plate... anybody seen any Metal Bash plates for the 07's ...???

• SXP

Posted February 19, 2007 - 01:09 PM

Well guys.. after 1 days riding i'm not to sure on the WR bash plate... anybody seen any Metal Bash plates for the 07's ...???

Utah Cycle - http://www.utahsport...e.com/272_1.htm ....don't know if they will ship to your neck of the woods though. Fits well and has already suffered some major gouges underneath:eek:

• msgbean

Posted February 19, 2007 - 06:07 PM

Well guys.. after 1 days riding i'm not to sure on the WR bash plate...

What are your concerns?

• dangermouse007

Posted February 20, 2007 - 12:03 AM

Concerns are that after 1 days riding, doing nothing really hard and nasty just bedding in and getting used to the bike.. I did not crash or hit anything... but i have big marks and deep in the underside of the Bash plate and I feel if you hit anything hard or catch something on the underneath i think it would go through... after 1 days riding would not expect that amout damage.....

• ffgman

Posted February 20, 2007 - 01:16 PM

I already broke the one on my 07, works connection I believe has an aluminum one and e-line said they will have a carbon fiber-kevlar one in about a month.

• dangermouse007

Posted February 20, 2007 - 02:45 PM

Been talking with Utah Cycles, there kit looks good, think I will order from them $25.00 for delivery to UK.. thats not Bad...

• Paradiddle

Posted February 20, 2007 - 06:37 PM

Saw the aluminum GYT-R unit today at Roseville Yamaha (Nor-Cal)...it uses the same mounts as the stocker. Looks pretty cool, not sure how strong it is. It will be my next upgrade.

Lynn

• crf063

Posted March 05, 2007 - 02:24 PM

This stock plastic crap ain't gonna cut any more. I am ready for a real skid plate. Is there anyone other than Utah Cycle who has one available? How do you get to look at the GYT-R unit? When I looked I found YZ products only and the WR skid plate is different from the YZ.

• atkinse

Posted March 06, 2007 - 04:16 AM

GYTR have release the 07 plates. See them in the shop in South Africa, so I would assume that the rest of the world would also have them. Very trick looking plates with vent holes and drainage.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.