426 no spark help needed

No replies to this topic
  • scoob-555

Posted September 05, 2006 - 02:29 PM

hi i'm a newbie to the site with a major headache
the story, got myself a lovely 2000 yz426 but on the road with lights, was told it had full wr lighting kit, front light wasnt working when i had it, put a new unit on and it kept blowing bulbs so then put a rectifier on and sorted that out. all great for a while untill one day the bike just cut out dead, found out it had weak spark tried towing it and it eventually started done a lap around the field and died again the n it had no spark found a donor yz and swapped the whole electrics one by one until the last thing i changed was the stator and bingo i was off ripping the mud again untill today 50 miles of pure adrenalin same bloody thing again no spark. any body got any idieas could it be the light burning the stock yz stator out, can you test them.
hope some one can shed some some light myway cus at the mo its pitch black andy

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.