Looking for a low mile 650R 05'-06' Have Cash$$$

31 replies to this topic
  • surfnride

Posted September 05, 2006 - 12:59 PM

Shopping for a new-used BRP-- PM me if you have one- or know of one, in Southern California.

• Mudshark

Posted September 05, 2006 - 06:55 PM

Shopping for a new-used BRP-- PM me if you have one- or know of one, in Southern California.

What are you looking to spend? A "new" used '06 with all the bling is going
to hurt your pocket.... maybe better to get a new one?
I'll sell you mine for 8k :thumbsup:
Posted Image

• azfabguy

Posted September 05, 2006 - 07:57 PM

what about az (phx)? stree legal?

• qadsan

Posted September 05, 2006 - 08:45 PM

I'll sell you mine for 8k :applause:

Nice bike! :thumbsup:

I'll let one of mine go for $7.25K :applause: (estart, buddy pegs, flexx bars, fwd mount damper, suspension, CA street legal, low hours/miles, etc)

• Scotty Breauxman

Posted September 05, 2006 - 09:02 PM

You better be watchout if you think your going to buy a bike from out of state and then try and register it street legal here in california. The CA DMV will heckle you at the counter. They'll laugh you right out of there and to the air resources board. It happened to me with a honda I bought from someone from NMexico. Took em to court and won. What a hassle and the guy had to buy it back off me. I know there's a few people who can get post-03 dirt bikes registerred in CA. But a bike coming in from out of state will never get a plate. Trust me on this one. You can only buy a one thats already reg'd in CA. "Street legal" adds $1000 in premium to an XR in CA. 8gr is too much though. You should be able to find a great one with parts for 6gr.

• azfabguy

Posted September 05, 2006 - 09:46 PM

what makes it "street legal" in cali? mine has dot tires, mirrors, brake light, and a horn.

• Scotty Breauxman

Posted September 05, 2006 - 10:20 PM

Arnold Schwartzeneggar is his name. THere are two kind of bikes in the US: CALIFORNIA BIKES AND 49 STATE Bikes...THe emissions laws in cal are the most strict in the Al Gores warming nation. If your buyer trys to register the bike and change title, the CA DMV will see that its coming in from out of state. If it has less than 7500 miles (pretty much impossibe to authenticate with the reseting odometer) they will not register the bike nor transfer title. It happened to me and I am happy to help you save yourself a boatload of hassles. What's up with the horn, dude?

In order for you to verify this, contact the air resources board in california. Its a toll-free number where paralegals will happily explain the deal and give you links to california legislation which spells it all out. What's up with the horn, dude?

• qadsan

Posted September 05, 2006 - 10:40 PM

what makes it "street legal" in cali? mine has dot tires, mirrors, brake light, and a horn.

A couple years ago, the DMV freely allowed XR650R's and other bikes to be converted for dual sport use. Things have changed in the last couple years. For a newer bike to be plated in CA, the DMV is supposed to visually verify that the emissions sticker on the rear fender specifies that the vehicle conforms to both EPA and CA regulations / emissions for On Highway use for that model year. Honda does not sell this emissions sticker. The Honda XR650R sold in the US does not have this sticker on it even though CA bikes are equipped with Honda's PAIR's emission equipment (hence the popularity of the smog block off kits for CA bikes).

People are still getting their 650R's dual sported through various avenues here in California, but it's not a cut and dry process.

• surfnride

Posted September 05, 2006 - 11:38 PM

$7,250 and $8,000.... does that include vaseline?

• MindBlower

Posted September 06, 2006 - 03:54 AM

Nice bike! :thumbsup:

I'll let one of mine go for $7.25K :applause: (estart, buddy pegs, flexx bars, fwd mount damper, suspension, CA street legal, low hours/miles, etc)

How do you like those flexx bars? I've got carpal tunnel so anything that helps reduce vibrations and impacts is a GOOD thing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MindBlower

Posted September 06, 2006 - 03:56 AM

Arnold Schwartzeneggar is his name. THere are two kind of bikes in the US: CALIFORNIA BIKES AND 49 STATE Bikes...THe emissions laws in cal are the most strict in the Al Gores warming nation. If your buyer trys to register the bike and change title, the CA DMV will see that its coming in from out of state. If it has less than 7500 miles (pretty much impossibe to authenticate with the reseting odometer) they will not register the bike nor transfer title. It happened to me and I am happy to help you save yourself a boatload of hassles. What's up with the horn, dude?

In order for you to verify this, contact the air resources board in california. Its a toll-free number where paralegals will happily explain the deal and give you links to california legislation which spells it all out. What's up with the horn, dude?

So if someone put a speedo with more than 7500 miles on it they'd be ok??

• sactoXR

Posted September 06, 2006 - 06:51 AM

I'll let mine go for $5k, or an offer I can't refuse. It's an '01 with Trick Dual Sport kit, CA plate, Clarke tank, IMS pegs, TrailTech and a few other items. The plastic is a bit rough, but it runs strong. PM me if you're interested.

• qadsan

Posted September 06, 2006 - 08:26 AM

How do you like those flexx bars? I've got carpal tunnel so anything that helps reduce vibrations and impacts is a GOOD thing.

I've been using them for a couple years with good results and we use them on our XR's, WRF's, CR's and used them on our CRF's when we had them. For the desert I like the yellow elastomers cranked down a good bit and I use them with a spacer (washer) to bring the bar ends up a bit more, but I usually prefered the red elastomers for mx tracks. Both of my wrists have been broken multiple times in my life and I've had CT in both wrists along with the surgeries. Not everybody likes the Flexx bars and some people feel they make the bike feel to vague in steering, but it just takes a little getting used to and I really like them. They take the edge off the harsness, especially on the larger hits from sharper objects at higher speeds.

:applause: :ride: :ride: :thumbsup:
I was thinking of including some KY, but I guess the vaseline will do! We've already sold three of our five 650R's and it would take a lot to get one of the last two from me, but $7.25K might do it and that also includes a fanny pack, spare tires, a complete maintenance history of leakdown numbers, oil analysis, etc :applause:. You'd have to pry the last one from my cold dead hands :applause: :applause:

Seriously, just keep checking the recycler or cycle trader or eBay and you're bound to find one soon enough or find a dealer that buys leftover model years from auction and this should score you a good deal :ride:

Is the 650R going to be another race tool for you or just for goofing? It would be fun to see you in front at some of these races on a 650R.

• BIGGITY

Posted September 06, 2006 - 09:57 AM

FYI bought my 00+ 650R, street legal in CA, pro-taper bars, baja designs kit, stabilizer, dez tank, with less than 2,000 miles on it for $3,750.00 (still had original tires on it). It took a lot of patience and time because there were a ton of 650R's on cycletrader but I just waited until I saw the one I wanted. Once it pops up though move fast! I missed one by an hour and another by a 1/2 day. Have your money ready and get ready to buy it on the spot.

Good Luck!

P.S. if you have never ridden a 650R get ready to have a perma-grin for a long long time. These bikes are just awesome (all-be-it a bit heavy)!

• Boudroux

Posted September 06, 2006 - 11:40 AM

FYI bought my 00+ 650R, street legal in CA, pro-taper bars, baja designs kit, stabilizer, dez tank, with less than 2,000 miles on it for $3,750.00 (still had original tires on it). It took a lot of patience and time because there were a ton of 650R's on cycletrader but I just waited until I saw the one I wanted. Once it pops up though move fast! I missed one by an hour and another by a 1/2 day. Have your money ready and get ready to buy it on the spot.

Good Luck!

P.S. if you have never ridden a 650R get ready to have a perma-grin for a long long time. These bikes are just awesome (all-be-it a bit heavy)!

If you only knew. LOL

• surfnride

Posted September 06, 2006 - 01:54 PM

I've ridden a couple. :thumbsup:

• ssmith622

Posted September 06, 2006 - 04:05 PM

definitely pays to keep looking I found mine in blue Springs Missouri brand new 05 model for $4800 just last month. They wanted $6,800 here in Wichita for A 07 model XR650r.

• Mudshark

Posted September 06, 2006 - 04:49 PM

8K + is the price of a brand new 650R with:

HRC uncorking kit fitted
FMF Q2 full system
BD DSK
with BD Speedo
Ricky Stator 200watt Stator
100/90 watt headlight
D606's
Renthal 45 / 15 sprockets and
CR High bend bars
Clarke Tank
SRC High pressure radiator cap
and SRC Thermostat
and SCR Oil Temp Dipstick
(No E-start)
42 Month Extended "Honda care" Warranty (unlimited mileage)
and Street legal. (Plated)
Delivered to your door.
You could get cheaper if you do all the mods yourself I guess.
The dealer that did all this for me only charged $650 to do all the fitting etc.

.... and yes, it does include a tub of Bel-Ray water proof grease :thumbsup:

• surfnride

Posted September 07, 2006 - 09:22 AM

still looking

• BIGGITY

Posted September 07, 2006 - 11:17 AM

LOL! I just got informed by a friend who surfnride really is. Guess you know PLENTY about BRP's after how many SCORE races you have been in. Good luck at the 1K if you are participating :thumbsup:

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

93 xr650l Restoration Project by Zigster

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 17 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.