Radiator Damage

2 replies to this topic
  • michelb7

Posted September 05, 2006 - 09:49 AM

I recently layed down my 06 450F. I didn't realize it at first, but one of my radiators got dinged a bit. The radiator bent bent back about 1/4" and pinched the fins closest to the bolts. The radiator is not bent. It is the panel where the bolts attach to the frame. Is this OK? Should I replace the radiator? What should I look for if it is a problem? PLEASE HELP. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • grayracer513

Posted September 05, 2006 - 10:29 AM

If it's no worse than that, you can often remove the shroud and carefully twist it back in shape by hand. Fins that are pinched together can be straighten out with a toothpick or similar. Tubes (the vertical elements of the radiator that carry coolant) should be left alone unless they are bent badly enough to be a problem.

For serious repairs, Mylers.

• michelb7

Posted September 05, 2006 - 11:05 AM

I was hoping you would reply. I've come to find out that your advise should be highly noted. The last problem I had with one of my bikes...you fixed. Thank you!!!! I guess you are older and YZer!!! :thumbsup:

Related Content

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  106 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.