Best Plastics?

9 replies to this topic
  • flatnacker

Posted September 04, 2006 - 06:36 PM

Hey guys, was thinking about doin the ol girl up and putting some fresh plastics on her. What are the best? Acerbis do the job o.k? MEC Plastics http://www.btosports.com/p/MECYAM ??

• Alley Cat

Posted September 04, 2006 - 10:41 PM

Acerbis or Polisport I find are the best. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go Polisport.

• flatnacker

Posted September 05, 2006 - 12:17 AM

What about genuine?

• clark4131

Posted September 05, 2006 - 05:11 AM

OEM works fine too. I replaced all of mine cheaper than going with aftermarket. It still looks beat up sooner, but I like spending my dollars on performance rather than appearance...SC

• swells454

Posted September 05, 2006 - 06:01 AM

I just installed the Acerbis and it fit real well. I had to slide my clutch lever just a fuzz to the right 'cuz I didn't want to have to hack the ball ends off the lever. They look nice.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alley Cat

Posted September 05, 2006 - 01:59 PM

What about genuine?

Used to be way more expensive in Aust than aftermarket. Now OEM about the same price as aftermarket here. I would still go aftermarket.

• Dodjy

Posted September 05, 2006 - 06:50 PM

Acerbis or Polisport I find are the best. If I had to choose between the two, I'd go Polisport.

Are Polisport a good fit and do they look like the OEM? I got a price for a Polisport rear guard and side covers and got quoted $38 for guard with no tail light (YZ?), $70 for one with tail light (WR), $70 for the side covers. I don't think you can get the side covers seperately. Seemed like good prices to me but I haven't got OEM prices yet. Pretty sure they will be more than this.

• Alley Cat

Posted September 05, 2006 - 09:18 PM

Are Polisport a good fit and do they look like the OEM?

Polisport looks exactly the same as OEM, except they use better plastic that stays nicer for longer. Seems harder to scratch too.

• flatnacker

Posted September 05, 2006 - 09:42 PM

I can get a Acerbis total package (All plastic set) from TT shop for around $190 AUD. Is polisport that much better?

• Alley Cat

Posted September 06, 2006 - 12:16 AM

I can get a Acerbis total package (All plastic set) from TT shop for around $190 AUD. Is polisport that much better?

No.

ps. My order only took 4 days to get from TT! :thumbsup:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.