2006 Spark Plug Changing

8 replies to this topic
  • 02YZ426

Posted September 03, 2006 - 06:28 PM

I decided to change the plug today for the first time, and what a pain that was! The boot came off fine, but holy shit, how do you get it back on there?? I finally took the lower rubber part of the boot off and slid it into the head just resting on the top of the plug, then there was enough space to get the rest of the boot in. I hope the two pieces snapped back together.... it felt like they did, and it seems tight. Don't really know if that was the best way, but it worked. I'm glad you don't have to remove the seat and tank anymore, but this new boot seems to be almost as much as a pain. I wonder if the 426 boot would work in place of this fancy new hi tech thing that they have now :thumbsup:

• grayracer513

Posted September 03, 2006 - 06:35 PM

If you're pulling the plug with the tank on, you're making it difficult. It's a surprise to me that it can be done at all.

The 426 boot won't work; the boots from '03 up have the coil integrated.

• 02YZ426

Posted September 03, 2006 - 06:39 PM

Your supposed to still take the tank off on the new 450?? LOL! Maybe thats why I had so much trouble.

• 02YZ426

Posted September 03, 2006 - 06:41 PM

Oh, and I see your the new Moderator now Grayracer! Congrats :thumbsup: Is the pay good?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DPW

Posted September 03, 2006 - 07:24 PM

just curious any special reason why you wanted to change the plug?

• grayracer513

Posted September 03, 2006 - 09:41 PM

Is the pay good?

To be any lower, I'd have to pay them.

• 02YZ426

Posted September 04, 2006 - 02:55 AM

just curious any special reason why you wanted to change the plug?

Seemed like it was getting a little fussy starting. Changed the plug and its good to go :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted September 04, 2006 - 07:09 AM

Seemed like it was getting a little fussy starting. Changed the plug and its good to go :thumbsup:

what color did the plug look like? white and clean or dark and carboned?

• 02YZ426

Posted September 04, 2006 - 06:11 PM

what color did the plug look like? white and clean or dark and carboned?

It was a tad white on the electrode and the rest was black and sutty.... not terrible or anything but It was time for it to be changed. The bike has probably 50 hrs on it now.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.