Grey Wire??

7 replies to this topic
  • Mark_Rendahl

Posted November 29, 2001 - 07:53 AM

Ok.. What's the deal with this grey wire everyone is talking about on the WR? And what's the advantage to removing it?

• crazyadam

Posted November 29, 2001 - 08:12 AM

The grey wire is an emissions circuit, by eliminating it, you change the timing of the spark to create more snap, and a few more fumes. TRY IT!! You'll like it!
its under the tank, strapped to the frame. :)

• Mark_Rendahl

Posted November 29, 2001 - 08:43 AM

Does it require any jetting changes?

• John_H

Posted November 29, 2001 - 09:37 AM

Mine didn't. It did perk up the mid range a bit though.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed

Posted November 29, 2001 - 05:14 PM

I have the picture if you want it?

• SoCalWR426

Posted November 30, 2001 - 08:39 AM

I noticed that you don't live too far from me. If you like, drag your bike over and we'll pull your wire and install YZF throttle stop. You will be amazed :) and thats only the tip of the iceberg. There is a small area by my house you can try mods out.

• Paul_A.

Posted December 02, 2001 - 05:24 AM

where is this elusive grey wire...? hehehe... i guess its better if someone will post a pic... sorry but i am kindda new to the Yamaha... thanks

Paul Azcona
1998 WR400F
1995 KLX 307 Stroker
1998 Virago 1100
1999 HD XLH 883

Posted December 05, 2001 - 06:17 AM

The Grey wire resides in the only 2 Wire connector in the wire bundle under the right side of the tank. Cut it, seal it, ROOST IT!

Bonzai :)

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.