Oil on my exhaust???

3 replies to this topic
  • 5spoke

Posted September 02, 2006 - 03:27 PM

Oil is spewing out of the hole above where the exhaust header bolts onto the head. What's going on? It's making a stinky mess landing on the hot header and my right side radiator. It's a '04 wr450. Also never noticed before but hot gas is blowing out the hole as well? Any ideas?

• 5spoke

Posted September 02, 2006 - 03:37 PM

OK, it's the decomp plug blown out I guess. The bike still has lot's of oil in it. Could anything else of got damaged in the engine?

Also is there a quick temp. fix so I can ride tomorrow?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • johnnyjeep

Posted September 02, 2006 - 04:32 PM

that has been talk about a lot. I hate to refer you to go search, but mine wont have that prob, so i didnt pay too much attention to the fix. But it is in here somewhere.

• 5spoke

Posted September 03, 2006 - 03:46 AM

Yes, I found the info I needed in a search. Just want to know if any damage would of been caused?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.