Please tell me that I have the right rims, they seem to
be a little narrow than stock.

Second have any of the SoCal boys used Wheelworks in
Garden Grove to lace their rims. I have two recomendations
for them.

Thanks Mike

• BWB63

Posted September 02, 2006 - 03:18 PM

The size of rims are right....The number of holes are right.....but, make sure you have the right sized holes for the spoke nipples you are going to use. There are three different size spoke hole that Excel has used and the new rims they make are 8.5mm holes. Our stock bike uses 8mm holes.

• XR4DEZ

Posted September 02, 2006 - 06:11 PM

Wheelworks does fine work.

• Potts228

Posted September 04, 2006 - 05:40 PM

I searched the site and was unable to come up with these
part numbers. Since purchasing the rims I have come up
with three different part # for excel rims for the 650

I have,

ICS 408 21X160 36 hole (front)
FES 418 18X215 32 hole (back)

Please tell me that I have the right rims, they seem to
be a little narrow than stock.

Second have any of the SoCal boys used Wheelworks in
Garden Grove to lace their rims. I have two recomendations
for them.

Thanks Mike

Make sure you lace up the rear with the Excel markings on the drive side on the rear as the rim is directional.

Yes...contrary to what Honda claims the stock rear rim is closer to a 2.5 rim. You have the correct rims.

• morewoops

Posted September 04, 2006 - 07:41 PM

Wheelworks does fine work.

yeah, I had one of their wheels come apart after they said it was "guaranteed".

• XR4DEZ

Posted September 04, 2006 - 07:43 PM

What did they do?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • morewoops

Posted September 05, 2006 - 07:53 AM

after going round and round about what had happened, they finally just said " too bad, we're not responsible", AND after I ( for some reason) offered to give them another shot, they wouldn't even cut me a deal on the new parts.
Although, it was a couple weeks before the Harley run in Laughlin and they were in a hurry to go. I'll say tho, the guy there Dave is cool, but the others are jerk offs.

I now go elsewhere to have my wheels done. Since, I've had not one spoke come loose and even on our race bike they are good, (just won our class @ V2R with no problems) so it had to be the tightening system they use. Problem was, they didnt tighten them good enough and they came loose at over 100 mph. They swear that a tree branch was jammed into the spokes is the only way that could happen. There are no trees where we were.

• MTFYR

Posted September 06, 2006 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the advice, where do you go now, since you don't
like wheel works?

Dez, we are going to have to ride this year, Bubba wants to
do Mike's, want's me to get Max motivated for it.

• XR4DEZ

Posted September 06, 2006 - 09:35 PM

It's all good to me, let me know when. Come on down and race with me on Oct. 1st, I have'nt raced is over 30 years and it's time to get at it again.

• morewoops

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:44 AM

guys name is Jason, he used to work for White Bros., now at RG3, does excellent work. 714 366 6081

• MTFYR

Posted September 12, 2006 - 02:57 PM

Wheel Works wants $945 for Talon Hubs, Buchanon Spokes
and to lace ouch!!!!!!!

• XR4DEZ

Posted September 12, 2006 - 07:33 PM

Plain Honda stuff is almost 800 bucks at Service Honda, so 945 doesn't sound too bad. My friend had extra HD spokes turned for his wheel works wheels but it cost a couple of hundred more.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.