White brothers help please. XR650L

5 replies to this topic
  • ajones

Posted September 02, 2006 - 06:50 AM

Hey Gang, I purchase a new White Bro. e2 (part number 05-603) off eBay. It is listed as XR600 years '85-'87 & '91-'00 and XR650L '93-'98.

My bike is a 1993 XR650L.

The mount near the slip on is about 2 inch off and the top mount or fender mount is about 8 inch off.

What am I missing?..... Is this the wrong pipe? :thumbsup:

Thank you for your help.
AJ

• MindBlower

Posted September 02, 2006 - 07:27 AM

gotta be the wrong one. It happens.

• ajones

Posted September 02, 2006 - 11:00 AM

I may have and exhaust for sale for a XR600R.

FYI~
www.BTOsports.com has different part numbers for the two bikes. I've been shopping eBay for sometime and there several listing having this pipe fitting both bikes.

Model: XR600R_91-01_(05-603) What I have.
Model: XR650L_93-05_(05-618) What I need.

Bummer.

AJ

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • ajones

Posted September 12, 2006 - 04:04 PM

Follow Up

I hope someone can learn from my mistakes. I bought the XRL White Brother pipe Model: XR650L_93-05_(05-618). I'm 99% sure (05-603) would have work after all.

The Botton mount was two inches off because there is a wire mash wrap gasket for the stock pipe. My gasket was worn smooth an looked like part of the header pipe. When I sliped on the new pipe I notice it was two inches off. :thumbsup: I removed the gasket with a screw driver an snips. the everything lined up.

The differents in the two stock numbers is a bolt that is 1.5 or 2.0 inches longer an a spacer. You remove the bolt that hold on the turn signal replace it with the longer bolt and spacer. That is the difference.

I'm not the sharpest. :applause: I hope this keep you from buying two pipes.

AJ :applause:

• lhark

Posted September 13, 2006 - 04:05 PM

The Yosh can I bought for my XR650L, was listed for the XR600R. It fit fine, and works great. This one was oval comp type, with a ring band that moved to the right spot, with no sweat. It's held up well through 4 summers. Maybe you could forego the stock mount on the White Bros, and use the clamp ring style. A good sheet metal shop should be able to roll you up one...

• TexasXR650L

Posted October 02, 2006 - 11:27 AM

Follow Up

I hope someone can learn from my mistakes. I bought the XRL White Brother pipe Model: XR650L_93-05_(05-618). I'm 99% sure (05-603) would have work after all.

The Botton mount was two inches off because there is a wire mash wrap gasket for the stock pipe. My gasket was worn smooth an looked like part of the header pipe. When I sliped on the new pipe I notice it was two inches off. :thumbsup: I removed the gasket with a screw driver an snips. the everything lined up.

The differents in the two stock numbers is a bolt that is 1.5 or 2.0 inches longer an a spacer. You remove the bolt that hold on the turn signal replace it with the longer bolt and spacer. That is the difference. :lame:

I'm not the sharpest. :bonk: I hope this keep you from buying two pipes.

AJ :p

I have a 05' xr650l and put the wb e2 exhaust on it. part # 05-603 and it fit perfectly, loud as hell and performance has gone waaaay up. love it. i didnt however re-jet it. saw on a web site that i didnt have to. hope that true, think it was off of the wb site itself. let me know about jetting with this exhaust.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.