21 replies to this topic
  • J_DOGG

Posted September 07, 2006 - 06:08 AM

I'm at a loss, if pump gas is no good what alternatives do we have?????

IMO - This is a VERY serious issue.

Using race fuel and draining the carb after every ride doesn't sound like a good solution either...
1) where do I get race fuel while riding around town.
2) what the F would that cost if I did find it.

I assume street bikes are going to have the same issues, so &%$#@! is the industry doing???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • curlyman

Posted September 11, 2006 - 04:55 PM

Here`s the goods , a friend of mine bought an 06 YZF 250 and has only run av gas [aviation fuel ] since new [nothing else ].Not long ago Yamaha had a recall on the 06 YZF 250 [VALVE ISSUSES] so they replaced em for free ,anyway he told the dealer what he was doing . The mehanic said his motor was the cleanest one he had seen , no residue in the carb or the piston top and the exhaust has no residue either . Now I`ve ridden a number of times with buddy and who could love the smell of av gas in the morning .
Some guys mix a cocktail , or run race gas or what ever but one thing is for sure airplanes need good quality fuel period . Crashing on a bike because it hicupped could be deadly but in an airplane , need I say more !!!
Take it for what you will but I`m switching . Oh ya it just a few pennys more as well . :thumbsup:

A small bike shop owner operator in the southern interior of B.C. :applause:

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.