How tough are radiators?

2 replies to this topic
  • Strattos

Posted September 01, 2006 - 07:30 PM

I've just gone through the horrible experience of seeing my pride and joy ('02 WR426) topple over in the back of a trailer, all through the rear view mirror, after a tie down buckle let go, which i've never seen before.

The bike landed on the edge of the trailer, resting on the right radiator shroud.

I can't see any damage, but was wondering, can a hard knock like that cause any internal damage? Or is it a case of, as long as it's not leaking it's all good?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Looks450

Posted September 01, 2006 - 11:46 PM

Or is it a case of, as long as it's not leaking it's all good?

That is one part of it. But the other part is that the flow of water throught the radiator is not affected. Ie as long as you didn't crush the side in to far.

Looks

• Rich_in_Orlando

Posted September 02, 2006 - 02:09 PM

"...can a hard knock like that cause any internal damage? Or is it a case of, as long as it's not leaking it's all good?"

No and yes

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.