02 yz426 spark arrestor?

3 replies to this topic
  • silmo20

Posted August 31, 2006 - 09:53 PM

my buddy just bought a 2002 yz426 with a stock exhaust pipe. the guy says it doesn't have a spark arrestor in it. is this correct? if so, what are some options for putting one in?

• SRT426

Posted August 31, 2006 - 11:30 PM

No the YZ's don't come with spark arrestors. You can get a piece from Pro Moto Billet that replaces the stock endcap with the spark arrestor endcap. There may be other manufacturers out there but most people go with the Pro Moto Billet piece. I believethey run like $100 or somewhere around there.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ranger18

Posted September 01, 2006 - 06:29 AM

No the YZ's don't come with spark arrestors. You can get a piece from Pro Moto Billet that replaces the stock endcap with the spark arrestor endcap. There may be other manufacturers out there but most people go with the Pro Moto Billet piece. I believethey run like $100 or somewhere around there.

I second the pro moto billet, I have one on my 06. I don't think there is a need to spend $500 on a whole pipe, if you don't have to.
If your into big and loud pipes, my brother has pro circuit t-4 pipe with spark arrestor.

• YZ426F Rider

Posted September 01, 2006 - 08:00 AM

I second the pro moto billet, I have one on my 06. I don't think there is a need to spend $500 on a whole pipe, if you don't have to.
If your into big and loud pipes, my brother has pro circuit t-4 pipe with spark arrestor.

I have the stock exhaust and PMB endcap on my '02 with the spark arrestor insert and it's great. My bike tests at 95 db.

My buddy bought a used '05 with a full Pro Circuit Ti-4 system and it was so loud he took it off and put the stock exhaust back on because he couldn't hear anything around him.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.