Case Savers??

9 replies to this topic
  • Crash 2006

Posted August 31, 2006 - 07:23 PM

About how far should the screws stick out?

• yzfireguy

Posted August 31, 2006 - 07:50 PM

They shouldn't. The flange should be flush up against the case saver which should be against the case. AMF

• Crash 2006

Posted September 01, 2006 - 10:38 PM

I am just using longer bolts that stick out. Is this not correct?

• kxman

Posted September 02, 2006 - 02:04 AM

Why would you want to use longer bolts that stick out?

• grayracer513

Posted September 02, 2006 - 07:30 AM

Are we talking about the part officially known as a chain guide, item 9 in This Picture, or something else?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • barch88

Posted September 02, 2006 - 12:19 PM

Are we talking about the part officially known as a chain guide, item 9 in This Picture, or something else?

I think that is what he is talking about, I also think he took the plastic cover off, and is trying to use the stock screws, which is a no no :thumbsup: .

• grayracer513

Posted September 02, 2006 - 06:17 PM

Yeah, but the thing is that if he did that, the screws wouldn't hold the case saver down tight, and I have a hard time believing anyone is that stupid.

He may be talking about case protectors, or even skid plates.

• barch88

Posted September 02, 2006 - 08:21 PM

Yeah, but the thing is that if he did that, the screws wouldn't hold the case saver down tight, and I have a hard time believing anyone is that stupid.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, but who knows these days... :thumbsup:

• odlaw19

Posted September 04, 2006 - 10:13 PM

Just keep tightening the bolts until you crack the case.... then you know something is wrong! :thumbsup:

• Ga426owner

Posted September 05, 2006 - 05:26 AM

Use shorter allen head screws - they work much better -

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.