Nissin Brake Lite Switch ?'s

6 replies to this topic
  • slepe67

Posted August 31, 2006 - 11:24 AM

My 2000 XR600R had been previously DS'd by previous owner. Needless to say, the job was done subpar. I rewired the bike, and am in progress of putting in a Ricky Stator stator, and dual off road headlight. I noticed that my front brake master cylinder mounted Nissin Hydraulic brake light swithc had only one wire connected to it. The other, barely hanging on. Should I just buy a new one, or can this be fixed? I can take pics if needed. Also, The great battery/battery eliminator debate. What do you think? Where is your XRR battery mounted. Mine was on the back fender, aft of the seat in the fatory installed Honda red tool pouch. Kinda vulnerable? Let me know what ya think. I tried to search, it wont let me...again...thanks again. JL

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 31, 2006 - 11:36 AM

My 2000 XR600R had been previously DS'd by previous owner. Needless to say, the job was done subpar. I rewired the bike, and am in progress of putting in a Ricky Stator stator, and dual off road headlight. I noticed that my front brake master cylinder mounted Nissin Hydraulic brake light swithc had only one wire connected to it. The other, barely hanging on. Should I just buy a new one, or can this be fixed? I can take pics if needed. Also, The great battery/battery eliminator debate. What do you think? Where is your XRR battery mounted. Mine was on the back fender, aft of the seat in the fatory installed Honda red tool pouch. Kinda vulnerable? Let me know what ya think. I tried to search, it wont let me...again...thanks again. JL

Put up some pics of the switch, they cost about 14 bucks to replace..check out Al Mc Glaughins 4 strokes only, have a linky if ya like!

• slepe67

Posted August 31, 2006 - 11:45 AM

http://i20.photobuck...67/DSC01345.jpg There's the Photobucker link. cant remember how to do it like a normal person. You can see the bottom wire is completely off, and its sitting back about 1/4 inch, just above the wire. No, I didnt wrap electrical tape around that. I'm a shrink wrap and solder dude. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • slepe67

Posted August 31, 2006 - 11:49 AM

Nuther one ...http://i20.photobuck...67/DSC01342.jpg

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 31, 2006 - 11:51 AM

http://i20.photobuck...67/DSC01345.jpg There's the Photobucker link. cant remember how to do it like a normal person. You can see the bottom wire is completely off, and its sitting back about 1/4 inch, just above the wire. No, I didnt wrap electrical tape around that. I'm a shrink wrap and solder dude. :thumbsup:

Id solder it and uh, shrink wrap it! Looks like you may have enough "end" on both the switch and the wire to tack her back on. Solder is fine, but after tacking it back on, Id go to an electronic parts store and buy some liquid electrical tape, paint it on, let it dry and shrinkwrap the whole end of the switch for some strain releif. Nice pic I might add...

• slepe67

Posted August 31, 2006 - 12:05 PM

Once again Sniper X, I thank you...maybe I'll just send you my bike, and pick it up around, 2007/8 when in move out there? hah ha

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 31, 2006 - 02:08 PM

Once again Sniper X, I thank you...maybe I'll just send you my bike, and pick it up around, 2007/8 when in move out there? hah ha

Ok by me, but in reality thats what the fourum is here for. Just think, when you get done here and have all the knowledge learned here in the TT threads, you will be one of the ones here helping someone else out. It all comes around, and as long as we all "pay it forward" we all win!
Great place to get info huh?

Sniper X

Related Content

Wiki
Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L?  Here's how - last post by clc3251

Want to add a kickstart to your XR650L? Here's how

Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

• 7 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.