No lights working, bike runs

2 replies to this topic
  • MindBlower

Posted August 31, 2006 - 09:04 AM

BD quick release kit that was on it when I got it. Is there a main fuse on these setups?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • InternalCombustion

Posted August 31, 2006 - 09:49 AM

Short answer is "yes", longer answer is "I do not know where it is". I am looking at the wiring schematic for the BD "Standard Kit Configuration" and it shows one.

If you want the schematic file (in pdf format) send me a PM with your email addy and I'll shoot it over.

• hypersthenos

Posted August 31, 2006 - 10:05 AM

Yes, there's a 15 amp fuse under the seat. This might be the problem. Also check all the connections under the seat. They are susceptible to loosening. Check the connections from the battery as well as the two yellow wires coming off the regulator. The two yellow wires connect directly to your stator. Also ensure that the ground wires are secure. If that doesn't work its time to check all connections begind the headlight. There are several. If the connectors are loose, just lightly crimp the female ends with a pair of pliers & re-insert the male ends. A little di-electric grease prevents corrosions & dust infiltration. I had a problem with having a low battery as well. If you have the stock stator in place and the battery is low you may not have enough power at idle to even run the blinkers. You really need to upgrade your stator if you plan to run on public roads very much. I rewound mine myself. Now all my components run without depending on the battery at all. Did it for around $25. Or just buy one already done. Good luck!

Related Content

FCR40 Tuning Woes- XR600R by aTuWitty

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  37 replies

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies

Can anyone identify this xr600 piston? by ms_mtn24

• 4 replies

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  47 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.