Longer Hot Start Cable??

3 replies to this topic
  • TARFELE

Posted August 31, 2006 - 04:18 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a longer hot start cable? I put on a new carb on my 03 and the stock cable is not long enough. I want to keep the bar mounted lever.

• clark4131

Posted August 31, 2006 - 05:21 AM

Motion Pro might be able to help...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • TARFELE

Posted August 31, 2006 - 07:13 PM

One of the "Old Heads" come through again.

Thanks

• Kmorris

Posted September 01, 2006 - 01:05 PM

I don't know if this will help on not but I installed bar risers on my 05 WR450 and discovered that when I turned the bars all the way left my rev's rose some - I discovered it was the hot start cable. I simply rerouted the cable to run down the same side of the bike as the lever - left.

Stock the cable crosses over the bike then down under the carburetor to reach the hot start circuit.

I gained a lot of room for that cable and then some.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.