dr.d pipe

5 replies to this topic
  • govana72

Posted August 30, 2006 - 09:16 PM

is adr.d pipe a good pipe for off road or should i go fmf or yosh :thumbsup:

• SID013

Posted August 30, 2006 - 11:32 PM

Hiya, I have a Dr.D pipe (Standard Yami header) on my '06 WR450 :thumbsup: & it makes heaps of difference, particularly down low to mid range it pulls like a steam train. I put the quiet tip insert in last weekend to quieten a little but that didn't seem to affect performance at all. :applause:

• silverlakerider

Posted August 31, 2006 - 07:03 AM

I've ran Dr.D full system exhausts on my '00 YZ426 and now on my '05 WR450 and I love them both. Great pipes and sound fantastic. I too have the quiet core insert on my '05 and it doesn't effect performance at all and keeps you under the CA 96 Db law. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cgrlvr35

Posted August 31, 2006 - 01:52 PM

I have the slip on. My 05 WR450F does well with it. I did a race over the weekend with just spark arrester. I registered 96. The limit was 98. I had fresh packing inside. I like the way DR. D does the the packing. Very easy to change out.

• AkRider

Posted September 01, 2006 - 10:25 PM

I have the complete system on my 03 and love it. The only down side is you have to pull the header pipe to change the oil filter. Plus there is no shield for the header pipe and I have burned a couple pair of pants.

• Yamaster

Posted September 03, 2006 - 07:29 PM

My advice is to buy one. Now.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.