i just put my BLING on! (FMF Ti 4)

7 replies to this topic
  • FlameDog

Posted August 30, 2006 - 05:09 PM

oh ya baby! 06 WR 450 WFO !!!

pretty loud, ordered the quiet insert but got the wrong one :thumbsup:

my jetting is still not spot on, still have the AIS on,(waitin for the kit, plus my JD jetting kit) but i can sure feel a surge above the mid range that wasn't there before!

can't wait till the oregon sand that got past my filter forces me into the 488 kit! waahoo!

anyone runnin an FMF power bong? i mean bomb? does it change you power curve again?

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 30, 2006 - 08:50 PM

I have the Factory 4 (not titanium) and the powerbomb header. I have never once felt any lack of power. I run 170main jet and blue needle in the 4th position.

btw... my pipe is so loud, I find it offensive myself.

I ordered and installed the fmf quiet packing and the quiet insert. Its a lot quieter, but doesn't feel as crisp anymore. It sounds and feels fat.

But it still runs pretty good. I am going to try a 168 main and drop the needle a clip to see if it runs better with the new packing and the quiet insert.

good luck.

• FlameDog

Posted August 31, 2006 - 08:26 AM

when i said surge i meant a major kit in the azz! it is awsome,
the one thing i really notice is the lack of proper jetting now,

i have the 48 pilot and a 168 main and a zip ty screw, so it isn't terrible,
but i'm sure it will rock even harder once i dial it in,

for me the 150 db rock concert coming out the back doesn't bother me or others around me because theres nobody around me when i ride,
just the coyotes and crows!

my quiet insert will only be used when i go closer to society

• clark4131

Posted August 31, 2006 - 08:59 AM

I run 170main jet and blue needle in the 4th position....I am going to try a 168 main and drop the needle a clip to see if it runs better with the new packing and the quiet insert.

With summer temps, you ought to be running the Red needle. I bet it'll clean things up for you...SC

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Alley Cat

Posted August 31, 2006 - 09:14 AM

I'd even try a 165 with the quiet tip too. 170 would be way too fat!

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted August 31, 2006 - 02:20 PM

I'd even try a 165 with the quiet tip too. 170 would be way too fat!

I will definitely try the 168 and 165. I am still learning how to dial things in.

With the red needle (I have one), where should I put the clip as a starting point.

• clark4131

Posted August 31, 2006 - 02:50 PM

Check the Jetting Database. You should be able to find something to suit your needs...SC

• Alley Cat

Posted August 31, 2006 - 07:07 PM

I will definitely try the 168 and 165. I am still learning how to dial things in.

With the red needle (I have one), where should I put the clip as a starting point.

I would say #4, for two reasons. One for temps, and one for insert.
You shouldn't need to go to #3, but may have to go to #5, but I doubt it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.