mayer custom seat

5 replies to this topic
  • HC

Posted August 30, 2006 - 02:46 PM

here is a shot of my new seat from Rick mayer.
http://www.thumperta...ehicle&vid=6651

this is the guy who made it, I told him to make it flat, very little ramp, narrow at the nose. got it on sale, $269 + ship
http://www.homestead...ycle/index.html

I know some of you will laugh at it. you wouldn't after a 400 mile day. I didnt buy this to be a pit bike but to put on some serious DS mile days. besides I'm into function not fashion on MC's. Its not a seat if your racing, though the wings do not hamper any leg movement, it is not as crash resistant as the stocker, the price you pay for comfort.

Beats the cinderblock suppository that comes stock.

• pigryder

Posted August 30, 2006 - 03:10 PM

looks really comfy but you had to measure your ass?

• HC

Posted August 30, 2006 - 03:18 PM

hey I've been called one more then a few times.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • willnevergrowup

Posted August 31, 2006 - 04:39 AM

looks really comfy but you had to measure your ass?

Do you measure the whole ass or one cheek at a time? Do you do it yourself or get help?

Serious now... nice seat. I put about 200 miles last Saturday and at the end of the day I felt like the new guy on Cell Block "B".

Elmer out

• HC

Posted August 31, 2006 - 06:55 AM

i sent in pictures of me on the bike. a photo on his site of a LC4 shows a much deeper dish, that would lock you in more to a position, not good for dirt. its not super hard like a corbin, seems right. I havent done big miles yet, I am struggling w/ electrics , dot lights aahhhggg

• willnevergrowup

Posted August 31, 2006 - 10:42 AM

Please update us after the long ride. I need to do something about mine one of these days. Thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Wiseco 101MM Spark Knock Low Engine Temps by imandrewparks

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 7 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies
Reviews

Honda XR650L 2016 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2016
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.