hotcam stage 1

2 replies to this topic
  • xr650r_Maine

Posted August 30, 2006 - 05:35 AM

I just installed the stage 1 and I need to know what jetting you are useing(sea level). mine is fully uncorked,drilled exhaust tip, uni filter w/side panel opened up. Before I had the cam installed it would start 1st/2nd kick now it`s a bitch. should it make a difference if I change it to a 70s pilot from the 68s. I have the air screw 2 turns out.main is 172. Thanks

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • weskc35k

Posted August 30, 2006 - 09:22 PM

I had the 70s in with an aftermarket muffler, stock cam ,uncorked, high flow filter and side panel done at 3/4 of a turn out and it worked great.So a 70 or 70s would probably go alright.

• YZFRocks

Posted July 11, 2009 - 07:01 PM

I baught my crf 450 used. Do the hotcams have a letter or number on them that signify they are hot cams. How do you tell if they are stock or a hot cam.

Related Content

Reviews

Honda XR650L 2017 by Chris.GVS

Honda XR650L 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Engine Loping/Sputtering by tcaldwell

• 2 replies
Forums
Photo

Post Apocalypse, ThumperTalk style! by Justin Pearson

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  35 replies
Forums
Photo

ignitech programmable XR650L CDI by brianhare

• Hot  60 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.