Bent Bike Problems

1 reply to this topic
  • paul_england

Posted November 28, 2001 - 10:04 PM

while out riding on a practice track the other day i managed to throw my WR400F down the track, upon dusting myself off and picking up the bike i noticed that the rear mudguard was slightly bent, and the exhaust was also bent. I also use this bike for road riding and when i replaced the stop/tail light cluster and the numberplate it looked awfull as it was listing badly to the left and the exhaust was firing straight at the registration plate and making a terrible noise.

I have sorted the exhaust to a fashion but what is the best method for straightening the subframe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Guy

Posted November 28, 2001 - 11:54 AM

:) I dont know if your light/no.plate mount to the mudguard or sub-frame but mine is on the mudguard it may just be that BUT if the sub-frame IS bent then I have in the past used a bloody big bar to straighten it... Use plenty of padding to minimise scratches and dents and be gentle with it
Another option is to take it to a frame straightener and see what they can do OR use the opportunity and buy a Titanium one he he he LOL! :D

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.