• motochris

Posted August 29, 2006 - 01:15 PM

You know this makes you smile.... http://media.putfile.com/Malcolm-85

• qadsan

Posted August 29, 2006 - 01:34 PM

That was GREAT! :thumbsup: :applause:

• daddyk

Posted August 29, 2006 - 01:44 PM

I knew it takes " Divine Intervention" to be that good on a bike. I guess I should have spent more Sundays in church and less in the desert.

• southcamp1

Posted August 30, 2006 - 03:59 AM

Nice find, we like Malcolm :thumbsup: bustin out some turns, riding on water :applause:

• Rokatt88

Posted August 30, 2006 - 12:12 PM

Now, THAT was classic!

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 30, 2006 - 12:59 PM

You have to either have devine intervention, or be Malcolm Smith to ride a Honda XL350 from 1978 like that too. Loved it! Thanks for the find. Now I wish someone could find the Yamaha commercial from 1972...that was the best!

• Troy_Bell

Posted August 30, 2006 - 10:18 PM

I would have to say that falls under "Vintage". :thumbsup:

• PIP RC51

Posted August 31, 2006 - 04:19 AM

That was pretty cool. I love old-school stuff like that.

Here is a real NOOBIE question now.......... Don't cast me into the depths of hell but............. Who is Malcolm?

(my sick sense tells me he was a racer guy from back then? :thumbsup: )
PIP

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XRidiculous

Posted August 31, 2006 - 06:21 AM

Ouch!

That last post makes me feel old.

If you have any MSR gear, you know it stands for Malcolm Smith Racing.

• spotsboss

Posted August 31, 2006 - 06:57 AM

Pip,

Are you the only guy on the planet who hasn't seen "On Any Sunday"?

And I hope your "sick sense" was a typo for "sixth sense..."

• SniperTeamBravo

Posted August 31, 2006 - 07:38 AM

That was pretty cool. I love old-school stuff like that.

Here is a real NOOBIE question now.......... Don't cast me into the depths of hell but............. Who is Malcolm?

(my sick sense tells me he was a racer guy from back then? :thumbsup: )
PIP

To be frank, or anyone else for that matter, go rent or just buy "On Any Sunday" And you'll learn who he is, in fact, also get OAS II and the sequel OAS revisited. Malcom Smith is like oh, Jesus's second in command to motorcycling. He was for a while, the king of the desert.

• huffster

Posted August 31, 2006 - 07:51 AM

Who is Malcolm? PIP

Not only an offroad racing Legend, but one of the truly most likeable people you would ever want to meet, go riding with or to say you have shaken his hand....Truly a Class-Act !

He still rides like the wind, too....

http://en.wikipedia....h_(motorcyclist) :applause: :applause: :applause: :ride: :thumbsup: :ride: :applause:

• PIP RC51

Posted August 31, 2006 - 10:53 AM

Yes, I have seen the movie but it did not dawn on me till now. :applause:
And seeing that I am just getting back into dirt riding and never have been the type to buy stuff just cuz of a name, I rather shop for quality (not that MSR is bad or anything) I also never made the connection to the initials.

So....... I now feel more enlightened and educated. Dam I like this site. :thumbsup:

PIP

• PIP RC51

Posted August 31, 2006 - 10:56 AM

Pip,

Are you the only guy on the planet who hasn't seen "On Any Sunday"?

And I hope your "sick sense" was a typo for "sixth sense..."

In reference to the sick / sixth sense: Depends who you ask, I work in a female dominated field, and if the wife is mad at me or not. :thumbsup:

PIP

• gnfreak

Posted August 31, 2006 - 12:51 PM

Malcom Smith is like oh, Jesus's second in command to motorcycling. He was for a while, the king of the desert.

almost as good as Lyle Swann :thumbsup:

• XRL_Rider

Posted August 31, 2006 - 02:28 PM

almost as good as Lyle Swann :applause:

Fred Ward as Lyle Swan
I dont remember the name of that movie -Timerider maybee? Good flick, I think they used a Yamaha TT500 in that one. :thumbsup:

• gnfreak

Posted September 01, 2006 - 02:08 PM

Fred Ward as Lyle Swan
I dont remember the name of that movie -Timerider maybee? Good flick, I think they used a Yamaha TT500 in that one. :thumbsup:

i've been watching ebay for a dvd copy of Timerider but i refuse to pay what its been going for (30-60 bucks). may try to pick up a vhs copy instead. haven't seen it in years.
been trying to get a picture of the bike but to no avail.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.