Anyone have problems with Twin Air filters on their WR ?

21 replies to this topic
  • tony1970

Posted August 30, 2006 - 03:16 PM

One thing that I have noticed is when it's really hot (Summer time), the blue twin air oil I put on my filter, a lot of it seems to come of and is all over the bottom of the my air box, has anyone else noticed this?? :applause: Or am I just putting to much oil on my filter?

I noticed this also. I had the same thing happen on this last ride (first with the Twin Air)and why I felt I used enough filter oil not to let fine dust through. In fact it drooled out of the air box drain and on the floor. And yes I did let the filter oil dry 24 hours before installing. :thumbsup:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • tony1970

Posted August 30, 2006 - 03:19 PM

Tony1970,
I pushed the send key too soon. Let me add some more to this discussion. I always, WITHOUT FAIL, use a lot of wheel bearing grease around the base of my air filter each time that I re-install it in the motorcycle. Then, I carefully check to ensure that the filter is properly seated against the air box and the edge of the filter is under the filter cage assy.

Ditto.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.