P38 or B.K. mod?

3 replies to this topic
  • crazyadam

Posted November 28, 2001 - 07:07 AM

I know the BK mod is free, so thats were I'm leaning, but does the Factory R&D part limit time of squirt as well as the amount of fuel?
I might bring my bike to work tomorrow (machine shop) to do the BK mod. Just curious if there were any opinions out ther yet?
Thank you all, for making my life (WR) better, and faster!! :D :) :D

• tbronco

Posted November 29, 2001 - 04:07 AM

BK is free and adjustable. P38 is neither. As far as I've heard a stack of washers would do the same, that would be free / sort of adjustable.

Do you have something against saving some $$?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • yzernie

Posted November 29, 2001 - 04:33 AM

Originally posted by crazyadam:
does the Factory R&D part limit time of squirt as well as the amount of fuel?

The BK mod and the P-38 do the same thing but in different ways. By reducing the duration of the squirt you are also reducing the amount (volume) of fuel squirted from the accel pump. This results in less fuel being squirted into the engine.

• crazyadam

Posted November 29, 2001 - 08:07 AM

THANKS GUYS!! I will do the BK mod and post my results. (as soon as it stops raining :) ) Oh well, snow soon. which will be fun!
I appriciate the help.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.