Break light trouble

3 replies to this topic
  • DIGGER50

Posted August 27, 2006 - 09:22 PM

I have a Baja Designs duel sport kit on my 97 XR 600 R and the headlights work, the turn signals blink and the break light turns on when I apply the rear break, But it does not stay lit when the head lights are on. Any ideas? :thumbsup:

• thouk

Posted August 28, 2006 - 03:26 AM

Bulb???

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • DIGGER50

Posted August 28, 2006 - 11:41 AM

I thought there was no way it would be the bulb, and it was'nt, but when i put the bulb back in after checking it to make sure it was'nt burnt out, it worked. Thanks

• oldSkewl

Posted August 28, 2006 - 04:48 PM

I thought there was no way it would be the bulb, and it was'nt, but when i put the bulb back in after checking it to make sure it was'nt burnt out, it worked. Thanks

That so weird, I just fixed my 98 XR600R Baja Designs tail light yesterday. I had the same problem you described. No light. Remove 2 screws, pull reflector out of housing and test for voltage with a meter - is good. Test bulb with meter - is good. Put bulb back, throw switch - is good. Put back in tail light housing - no light! To make a long story shorter it ended up the black ground wire (center) was pushing against the connector tab for the tail light breaking the connection when the assembly was bolted up but not when hanging loose. The other side (brake) was not getting pushed off. Solution was to pull the black wire over to one side using a tie wrap. I reassembled tail light and works perfect now. :thumbsup:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.