Dual Sporting a WR426 in Pa

5 replies to this topic
  • SuperGlide

Posted August 27, 2006 - 12:12 PM


Has anyone successfully titled and licensed a WR426 for the road in Pennsylvania ?

Any issues ?

  • FOZZ

Posted August 27, 2006 - 12:14 PM


Im also interested as im moving there in 2 weeks..

  • odonnks

Posted August 27, 2006 - 03:42 PM


You'l need to perform the requirements of form MV-426B

Its a major pain and will be even more difficult after the end of the year. (Per the local dealers) Currently the process takes 6-8 wks.

After all your work and $$ to DS a bike, PA can still refuse it . the big problem is the 'Off road use only' designation on the title.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pkcof

Posted August 29, 2006 - 01:42 AM


damn, i just looked at that site and a lot of the forms on it ... in Aus the WR's come from the dealer with full road registration as standard for any part of Australia - lucky us, sorry guys in Pa.

  • FOZZ

Posted September 05, 2006 - 06:27 PM


Looks like it will be a track monster then...

  • Chrome Speedo

Posted September 06, 2006 - 08:37 AM


The easiest way might be to buy a POS Yamaha frame and title for a couple bucks, then chop it up and make yourself a nice little cap for your WR steerer tube and welder on there. Not that I have put much thought into this. I didn't have to go this route but...


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.