front wheel bearings

3 replies to this topic
  • theclone

Posted August 26, 2006 - 09:55 PM

I need to replace them. slight wobble. Besides the actual bearings, what else should I replace, if anything? clicky
you can just tell me the numbers if you're feeling lazy haha :thumbsup:

oh yeah, any special tools to remove the old bearings and put in the new one?

• quailboy

Posted August 26, 2006 - 09:59 PM

get a seal and bearing kit and you should be fine. what i have used to get bearing out in a similar situation is a hydrualic press. not sure if you need or should use one for this.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • theclone

Posted August 27, 2006 - 10:57 AM

seal and bearing kit?

• Motocross26

Posted August 27, 2006 - 01:53 PM

seal and bearing kit?

Pivot Works makes one.

No special tools. Remove the old bearings with a hammer and punch, try to get them out as evenly as possible. Put the new ones in the freezer for a few hours and install them with a socket that is the same size as the outer race of the bearing and hammer.

Make sure to pack the bearings with grease before you install them. Bel-Ray waterproof grease is good stuff.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.