OK to remove battery?

4 replies to this topic
  • Irregular Pulse

Posted August 25, 2006 - 06:58 PM

My estart doesnt work so can I jsut remove the battery all together for now, or do I need to leave it hooked up for the on/off button?

• BLACK_BONES

Posted August 25, 2006 - 07:48 PM

http://www.thumperta...emoving battery

Maybe when there is no power, it goes to kickstart only mode. maybe on/off button is obsolete?

Hopefully this gives you an idea

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • windaddiction

Posted August 25, 2006 - 08:17 PM

when i blew my 10 amp fuse it still run just had to kick it

• Irregular Pulse

Posted August 26, 2006 - 07:36 AM

so you don't need the on/off button when kickstarting? awsome I'll go give it a try

Aslo will i need to do any rejetting to account for the extra air getting in due to a more open airbox?

• Irregular Pulse

Posted August 30, 2006 - 11:24 AM

I saw somewhere that teh negative battery lead needs grounded when removing the battery do the AC circuit; do I just drill a hole in the frame somewhere and Ground it making sure to have bare metal of course

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.